Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of turbocharging my rb30 GQ and I'm looking for a turbo, I've searched a heap of forums including this one but I haven't found a hell of a lot of what I'm after so just wondering if people could put up what they are using and how the setup was running, like when it hit boost, what it's was like at 100k's and with what diff gears and tyres. Cheers Kyle

Picture of where I'm at ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449968415.397892.jpg

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Get on SAU Community and ask a few questions as well as go through the pages and pages of engine specific dyno sheets. Get something that boosts nice and low. I had a GT3040 on my rb25. Started boosting around 2300rpm and made max power 5800rpm. Only made 250rwkw but vry torquey.
For a 3 litre like yours maybe a Garret 3076R with a 0.82 rear housing. Will make over 300rwkw and still have some down low. I always wanted a Patrol with a Rb30 in it.

·
Registered
Nissan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've been through all that and nearly all the dyno pages are hybrid engines, yeah I'm also running a low mount for now so I don't have a huge choice as it has very little room.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Get on SAU Community and ask a few questions as well as go through the pages and pages of engine specific dyno sheets. Get something that boosts nice and low. I had a GT3040 on my rb25. Started boosting around 2300rpm and made max power 5800rpm. Only made 250rwkw but vry torquey.
For a 3 litre like yours maybe a Garret 3076R with a 0.82 rear housing. Will make over 300rwkw and still have some down low. I always wanted a Patrol with a Rb30 in it.
I'm running a gtx3076r on my 30det and it makes 5psi at 2,2k which is enough to make some decent low end torque, I wouldn't risk going anything bigger unless you love having all the power at redline.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts