Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a non turbo black top that's I am rebuilding to turbo spec and am chasing an exhaust manifold, any recommendations on which one to choose.
Plenty of cheaper high mounts on eBay 150-300
And dts low mounts are around $600

Haven't done a ring around yet for a factory but I'd imagine they would be up there too

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
Factory is well over a grand from memory, its something ridiculous, top mount cast ebay specials are a bit of a gamble on quality, best option is a steam pipe manifold, available in either top or bottom mount.

Reactions: Metaleg

·
Registered
nissan patrol
151 Posts
you need to hunt around, i found a factory gu turbo manifold for 200 dollars, last one i found was 500 dollars

·
Registered
4x4 NISSAN
111 Posts
Dts denco or factory.... thats it bloke
I think that is a bit narrow minded as there are other quality manifolds such as Safari (probably one of the first to make aftermarket turbo manifold), AXT (looks similar to gu turbo manifold) or turbo glide (seem ok although dump needs to be a bit tight) nevertheless I like the DTS jobbie like you suggested.

Reactions: BOOSTED GQ

·
Registered
Nissan
7,115 Posts
I think that is a bit narrow minded as there are other quality manifolds such as Safari (probably one of the first to make aftermarket turbo manifold), AXT (looks similar to gu turbo manifold) or turbo glide (seem ok although dump needs to be a bit tight) nevertheless I like the DTS jobbie like you suggested.
Nope not narrow minded at all.

·
Registered
Nissan
7,115 Posts
Factory is well over a grand from memory, its something ridiculous, top mount cast ebay specials are a bit of a gamble on quality, best option is a steam pipe manifold, available in either top or bottom mount.
You can get factory for much less than that new

·
Registered
nissan patrol
479 Posts
radius fabrication steam pipe manifolds look good in my opinion and can be made to suit where you want the turbo to sit.

·
Registered
nissan
692 Posts
He is not narrow minded he just has a small knowledge level hence why he is the Kinugawa kid Baaaahahahahahahaha. But there is always the ebay special that I am sure the kid is running.

·
Registered
Nissan
7,115 Posts
He is not narrow minded he just has a small knowledge level hence why he is the Kinugawa kid Baaaahahahahahahaha. But there is always the ebay special that I am sure the kid is running.
Riiiight....

·
Registered
nissan
796 Posts
I have had a dts and nissan turbo manifold side by side. If your looking for outright flow the dts is way ahead of the factory one. This is even visually evident.

·
Registered
Nissan
90 Posts
I'm currently using the ebay "godspeed/kinugawa" style cast top mount manifold. So far so good, we'll see how it goes. The one excellent feature about it is that it has an EWG port.

I much prefer the simplicity and reliability of EWGs, and have previously had a turbo (toyota CT-20) crack at the IWG window on the turbine housing.

If I were to do it over again I would go with a low mount set up. They make far more sense for a TD42 (less extreme dump pipe bends, better heat dissipation, less convoluted intercooling pathways etc).

I haven't seen the DTS manifold in person but from the images I've seen, they appear to be very beefy and good for flow.

Is there any way that the surface opposite of the outlet on a DTS manifold could be bored, faced & tapped to mount an EWG such as a 2 bolt Tial F38?

·
Registered
Nissan
7,115 Posts
I'm currently using the ebay "godspeed/kinugawa" style cast top mount manifold. So far so good, we'll see how it goes. The one excellent feature about it is that it has an EWG port.

I much prefer the simplicity and reliability of EWGs, and have previously had a turbo (toyota CT-20) crack at the IWG window on the turbine housing.

If I were to do it over again I would go with a low mount set up. They make far more sense for a TD42 (less extreme dump pipe bends, better heat dissipation, less convoluted intercooling pathways etc).

I haven't seen the DTS manifold in person but from the images I've seen, they appear to be very beefy and good for flow.

Is there any way that the surface opposite of the outlet on a DTS manifold could be bored, faced & tapped to mount an EWG such as a 2 bolt Tial F38?
Have a chat to zoltan ☺

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
Dts only for me too.....

I spose that makes me narrow minded as well. Or is it some people need to buy a packet of tampax and shut there mouths some times

·
Registered
nissan
692 Posts
Dts only for me too.....

I spose that makes me narrow minded as well. Or is it some people need to buy a packet of tampax and shut there mouths some times
If you think there are only three possible manifold options for a TD there you are either narrow minded or just not that bright take you pick. He sad "Dts denco or factory.... thats it bloke" so all the other manifolds must be figments of peoples imaginations or maybe just maybe there are other ones out there.

On another note Jake I would go the DTS I like the one I have, you can come over and have a look at mine to see if you like it. Were you thinking of going another JPC turbo or go with the UFI jobie this time.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
If you think there are only three possible manifold options for a TD there you are either narrow minded or just not that bright take you pick. He sad "Dts denco or factory.... thats it bloke" so all the other manifolds must be figments of peoples imaginations or maybe just maybe there are other ones out there.
did you miss the part where the OP said "any recommendations on which one to choose"?

·
Registered
Nissan
1,243 Posts
I picked up a cast denco high mount manifold for 300 the other day ;)

·
Registered
Nissan
7,115 Posts

On another note Jake I would go the DTS I like the one I have, you can come over and have a look at mine to see if you like it. Were you thinking of going another JPC turbo or go with the UFI jobie this time.
So you recommend one of manifolds that I did anyway good work champ

1 - 20 of 58 Posts