Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after new set of 275x65x17 for my 4.2 up in the air as what to go for don't think i want bfg's as to slippery in wet and $360 Tyre
any one help me out???:(:mad::confused:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
You'll probably get heaps of conflicting opinions as different people want different things from a tyre.

Can you shed a bit more light on your intended use of the truck?

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
I suggest round ones

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Have a read through the tyre topics. thats why they are there.. give you all the info you require.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well mainly family car wife drives every day to work and used for play on the weekends so need something that handles good for her and still get us out of trouble of road then got the big muddys for the weekends away

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone know anything about the brigestone d694 AT as general tourer ????

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
well mainly family car wife drives every day to work and used for play on the weekends so need something that handles good for her and still get us out of trouble of road then got the big muddys for the weekends away
If you have a set of muddies for play tyres I suggest any of the 4 Rib AT's. Check out the Tyre Topics as Truckster suggests. I am currently running Kuhmos ($220 or so) but there are heaps of brands to choose from.

I am not a fan of 5 Rib AT's so maybe biased but 4 Ribs will hack pretty much any terrain and will be very well mannered on the road so that will keep your missus happy as well.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
They are on some of the Patrols in our Fleet. Terrific on the bitumen, hard surfaces and sand... not a big fan of 'em on rutted tracks, limestone tracks, gravel roads or bush... so excellent for a shopping trolley or beach runs etc

If you do buy them to head off road make sure you get Light Truck spec not Passenger as they crossover in some sizes apparently.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
23 Posts
Only had mine for a few weeks now, but so far fantastic on bituman and gravel roads. Hope to see how they go seriously off road soon, good price too!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i put the bridgestnes on so far so good we live on top of sharp windy hill can be slippery in wet but they seem to grip well in the wet, and only $270 a pop

1 - 12 of 12 Posts