• Y62

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't recall having seen a poll like this and many of us have owned several Patrols over the years, so I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone's first Patrol was.

I like pictures. So throw them up too, particularly if they have cheesy 70's/80's decals covering the side. :D

I'll start:
MK Shorty, brilliant car, loved it.

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
MQ for me was in "85, pretty much had patrols since then except for a couple of years here and there with other chit boxes till I could get another patrol.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,814 Posts
2003 4.2 turbo DX.

Could not tow the boat so had to go.

Sold a 1-HD-FT 80 Cruiser because that was not rated to tow it, had driven a few 100 series and was not going near them. The 80 factory turbo diesel was a good wagon, but after a couple of patrols I would never go back to landcrab again.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,486 Posts
a beautiful rust filled metallic orange shorty mk patrol
My beloved Beccy, she liked taking her top off and rolling around in the mud!!!!

had the mighty L28 engine that used approx 30ltr p 100km on open road and blew oil and petrol out of the exhaust.
rear drum brakes filled with oil due to leaky diff seals.
dont think it ever had brake lights.
heaters/blower died shortly after getting.
just smashed it out from under dash with hammer

ran first engine completely dry of coolant. causing it to make knocking noise and blowing white smoke out exhaust.
ending in cracked head. only owned it 2 weeks
second engine had oil pump fail (2 weeks in) and seized bottom end up.
old guyover road helped me build a useable engine out of 2 old ones. also taught me some rust repair.
this was all while on my learners.
6 months after getting my p plates she was yellow stickered.

still have the nissan sign from grill on a wooden plaque hanging above my bed. old guy that helped me with engine made it for me as a chrissy present.

R.I.P. Beccy 1984-2005

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4.2
1,085 Posts
My ute is the first patrol I've owned and I love it

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Mine was a orange/grey SWB L28 MQ that I bought new in 1982

It was a factory wide wheel pack model with the spare wheel carrier/ jerry can carrier on the rear and was fairly flash at the time

Regards Don

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,441 Posts
My current Patrol is my first one and wont be my last... Next one will be a GU either TD42 or a newer CRD.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
My first was a beautiful GU3 DX stn wgn with the 3.0DI motor. It was two years old with 20000kms and it looked and smelt like a brand new car. There was one mark on the floor in the back. I'd hoped to keep that car for a very long time but some clutz in a bloody truck pulled out in front of me and I crashed into the side of a truck. It was written off.

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,293 Posts
Still on my first patrol, It been used and abused, then shedded and loved , whilst I abused another mk . Then the original mk made a triumphant return with a turbo and new paint and straight panels. She is now loved more then ever, and still drives like a dirty old patrol :) Hopefully soon she will be getting reinvented again . Yes I'm a glutton for punishment !!!

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,231 Posts
I bought a Patrol because I trashed my BMW up the high country

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Mine is an 88 Shorty. I've had it for sixteen years and it's not going away. Too good and too reliable..

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,814 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
1,243 Posts

My first patrol. Had about a dozen different trolls since. Building a nice gu td42 wagon now. I love patrols.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts