Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
nissan 2004
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, Im considering buying a Warn Winch for my 2004 Nissan ute, i have a genuineNissan Bar with winch mount, I dont do alot of 4x4 offroad work but would like one just incase the need arrises. Your feedback would be appreciated. Cheers Mark

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
You can spend a lot less with Chinese knock offs these days and get something ok. For me though I'd rather invest in the Warn and have it for life. With annual servicing a Warn will last 40 years.

·
Premium Member
Nissan GU1 4.2
417 Posts
I got a Runva. Good warranty with rope.

Reactions: KTMbuster

·
Registered
Nissan/GU
1,083 Posts
I have a warn XD9000 and when installed correctly you shouldn't have any dramas, and if you do then parts and servicing is simple and easy. There is a good thread by Leethal on here about servicing a warn low mount and it is an excellent read. I would recommend even with a brand new winch to have a read and maybe even pull the motor off and do a couple of things mentioned in the thread.

You can pick up a Warn XD9000 easily for around $500 on ebay and give it a little service (as long as the motor is all good) and it will last you many years.

·
Registered
nissan
69 Posts
I just got a runva 9500 ewx, 600 bucks with a solid warranty and rope. Bought it off RMC offroad in pakenham who take the winch apart, regrease it and improve the sealing of the winch. At the end of the day if you're not going to use it that often I don't see why you'd need to spend 2 grand on a warn IMO

·
Registered
nissan
631 Posts
I have had an (xtm I think) from BCF. $500 12000lbs with rope. Had it for over two years now and it has been faultless! Run it in and out every month. Used it heaps of times and even saved our arse on our solo trip to the cape in July!

·
Registered
Nissan
18 Posts
Hey oze355 , am looking at the Runva 11XP , selling cheap on Ebay $637 inc postage , have you had any problems with it ??? can't find any winch reveiws or tests on the internet yet ..
Cheers
Owen

·
Registered
nissan
73 Posts
I have a new runva xp11, only used once which when i used it i was pulling myself up a bogged up sloppy hill which was impossible to drive, took me an hour to get up it because i kept having to change trees, run winch in and out constantly etc.
The winch performed amazing considering how much i was winching and how much strain i was putting on it. The boys watching me were also surprised how well it performed.

Awesome winch!

·
Registered
Nissan patrol GU
43 Posts
Personal opinion, go with Avenger Mako.

I have a Avenger Mako (Kingone) TDS 12000lb winch. Lifetime warranty on the product, with the dyneema rope it set me back $1400. If it wasnt for this winch i would not have my patrol now. I have had it stuck in mudholes in which 2 other vehicles with 9.5lb winches working together could not get me out of. I have used it a lot, had it submerged in water with no issues and no faults yet. I only maintain the rope, no maintenance has been done on it yet (im lazy).

I have only ever had problems with warn winches, i had a XD9000 winch on mine that had been used twice and never worked again (made clicking noise upon using winch in/winch out and heated up the motor but nothing, tried replacing solenoids, no luck). A mate of mine had run the 9.5xp with exactly the same issue, replaced it with that new tigerz11 domin8r winch. Personally i think they are overpriced as well.

I did alot of research to come to the conclusion i wanted a avenger mako. Very few bad things said about them and they had won the best overall performer in 1 of the 4wdaction winch comparo's for the 9000lb version.

FYI: If you do go for any avenger over the 9000lb version, depending on the bar, you may have to modify the bar. Im running a nissan bullbar, no modifications to the bar were needed, they had to rotate something on the winch to fit though.

Just my 2c worth.

·
Registered
nissan
7 Posts
1000 bucks for an ironman 12,000lb winch with the synthetic rope, comes with a nice wireless remote and also 3 year replace warranty. That's the deal I got anyways.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
358 Posts
I've had a Warn XD9000 out front for 10 yrs. great winch. This is the 3rd Warn I've had in many years of roaming. They have never let me down. Cost more but they keep on keeping on.

·
Registered
nissan
13 Posts
Curious to have others thoughts on avenger 12000. Also curious why these don't seem to be more popular give one of the lowest amp draws. The rumba sound and look the goods but amp draw is pretty high. Anyone know if issues with the avenger 12000 winch

1 - 20 of 25 Posts