Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

What winch you got in your ARB Bar ? Series 4 onwards

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Snapcatcher 
#1 ·
I've heard that there can be some fitment issues with some winches in Patrol bars. I dont want to be messing around with mods to the bar to make a winch fit, so want to find a winch that will fit into my GU series 4 ARB sahara bar without any dramas.
Im looking at the cheaper end of the price scale but would be interested in hearing about any winches, so I can compare sizing specs.

So the question I ask is.......

What winch have you fitted in a GU series 4 (or later) ARB Bar without any modification to the bar ?

thanks in advance

#2 ·
They still use the standard winch bolt patern for the mounting so almost any (low mount) winch on the market from 8000lb to 12,0000lb capacity will fit. Only some of the bigger 12,000lb and 14,000lbs may have issues.

I have a Mako Avenger TDS 9.5 and it is an easy fit and easy to get at in the ARB Delux winch bar. I don't think the Sahara bar is any different.

The only issues I have ever seen on an ARB Delux bar is that the mounting for the roller fairlead (only needed on a steel cable winch) is designed for the Warn and Magnum winches that ARB sell and is a tight fit for some other fairleads.

#7 ·
The new Warn Zeon's are a bit quedtionable however I suspect they do (haven't had a chance to see one installed yet) however the rest of the Warns (up to 12,000lb), Bushranger and Smittybilt winches fit. Also seen Runva, Ironman, Avenger, Roo, ect ect. There's more room in the ARB bar than the factory bar, most winches fit easily.

#8 ·
Thanks guys. Seems like most will fit. Now just have to decide how far the budget can stretch.

There seems to be enough room to do the install without removing the front bar from the vehicle. Does that sound right or did you need to remove the bar ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.