Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
nissan st 08
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

So if this bloody rain keeps persisting, all of those that were going camping(like myself) what are ya gonna do now. Do ya risk it and be a man(it's just a bit of rain) while the wife whinges at ya or do ya pull the pin.

Been trying to think of something else to do but having a bit of trouble.

Whadda you guys think

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
I hate campin when its too wet for a fire, it defeats the purpose of going. Even worse if you have kids to deal with.

Hard call, but yea its not often you get a good break away from home, it maybe worth it.

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
Hey all.

So if this bloody rain keeps persisting, all of those that were going camping(like myself) what are ya gonna do now. Do ya risk it and be a man(it's just a bit of rain) while the wife whinges at ya or do ya pull the pin.

Been trying to think of something else to do but having a bit of trouble.

Whadda you guys think
Hahaha harden-up , seriously though all the best with whatever you decide , too many people this time of the year for me , i like a bit of peace and quiet when camping

·
Registered
nissan st 08
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I,m hearing ya Truckster. Will be the first time camping for the kids and really been looking forward to getting them out and into it. Been getting our gear together for a few months now thinking this rain will piss off but it just keeps hanging around.

Can't beat the campfire at night.

We were going to do northern NSW for a week starting Boxing Day then Moreton Island from about the 2nd for a week. Might get that one in.

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
How bout i just drop the kids off there Yom. You can teach them how to mow and i can have a week off with mum.
Go for it mate , my lawn needs mowing too ;)

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Rain, hail or shine, we go camping. Better than sitting at home on the 'puter reading forum posts for days. :D Off for three weeks in the bush on Monday and absolutely no electronic contact in that time. Rain? We'll have a fire going no matter what.

Cheers

Ray

·
Eric the Vigilante
nissan
392 Posts
Come to WA, our economy could do with some tourist dollars. :D

Just dont forget to go home after your holiday.

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
I thought the place was booming with mining dollars over there, what difference would a lonely tourist dollar make?;)

·
Eric the Vigilante
nissan
392 Posts
We're doin Ok.

Was being a tad sarcastic, thats why I said dont forget to go home, more work for the locals ;)
Seems somebody forgot to tell the Kiwis this though.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,678 Posts
... no matter what?

Faarkin drove through that **** on thusday in the Patrol. :mad:
110Kph into a hailstorm. Not fun.
Am lucky that the GUs metal is quite thick compared to small pos cars. Ive got several small dings. Saw a heap with big dents and broken windscreens.

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
... no matter what?

Fcuk yeah! We were camping last Christmas south of Jamieson when the New Year storms came through. Thunder and lightning, very, very frightning; rode the lot out and had a ball. Couldn't get home via Yea and had to go back via the eastern burbs. Done same quite a few years in a row. Maybe the same this year. Wouldn't miss it for the world. :D

Cheers

Ray

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Rick, I've been thinking the same, just finished getting all our camping kit together, fitted the rack/awning to the Patrol, fridge wiring & second battery all sorted... but it's raining all the bloody time...

·
BLACK BETTY
607 Posts
We always go camping in the rain. Or is that it always rains when we go camping.:confused:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts