Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

Registered
07 Black Patrol 3.0 / 04 Grey 3.0 Patrol / 01 3.0 Patrol
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
The usual glow plug drama with missing tips! I'm replacing all those! Pistons got a taste of them too but no harm done! The old head has the same marks!

Reactions: CroPatrol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Have a lot of Patrols done recently and other models! 馃槃
From heads, to injection pumps to just general servicing!
Have had a few mint ones too which I sold.
Currently rebuilt a 2004 which is now for sale too! Busy times 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
And my own Patrol always working hard...馃槃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Another nice Patrol in recently from Dublin,belong to Dave, he currently has it set up for pure off-road. I done some work on it and I must say it's a really nice one and a credit to him!.
馃槃 馃憤

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Another few projects on the go.
I recently purchased a 2004 mint Crewcab Patrol with a dead diesel pump,the actual problem was the throttle pedal. The previous owner proceeded to dismantle the diesel pump in the vehicle assuming it to be the cause of the issue. It wasn't until I had the new diesel pump fitted that she still had a throttle problem.
A quick change of the throttle pedal sensor and she was 馃挴
So I recently sold her and took a trade of a 2001 Patrol in against it.
This Patrol I was delighted to see still running with 200thoumiles onboard. It was blowing out lots of blue smoke and running rough..
Turned out the fuel filter was the problem 馃榿馃榿 It was been run on the cheap Agri diesel on the farm and that fuel filter was badly blocked up, it had a leaking diesel pipe too, I was delighted that fixed the issues because I was thinking the problem may be deeper when I first saw the blue smoke.Anyway,major win馃榿
She's running very nice and the chassis is mint too.I'm working through her now these evenings and am finding very little issues, the last owner was an older guy on a farm so I think it has a very easy life..
She needs a radiator which I had and am in the process of changing, the body is dented in places and I am working on all that too.
I am thinking of keeping it as a second balls out off-road weapon, lift her with big muds馃榿馃い
I also recently bought a Navara 2.5 as a non runner and got that back going too.馃榿
Loving what I do馃ぉ The most recent Patrol I got is the one to the left down there in the pics 馃榿馃憤 boy ohh boy she runs sweet now!! Great engine and running gear in her!
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car
Cloud Sky Land vehicle Tire Car
Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle
kk
Car Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
I will post better pics of the latest projects when I can 馃槈馃憤 Some here of the Navara I just purchased too she is a flyer now too! I just finished undersealing the chassis! These navaras are great machines too!!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Motor vehicle
Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Window
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Lot of machines in recently from Landrover, rangerovers to land cruisers!
Been busy馃憤馃槈
I plan to update more pics when I can.
Dan

Registered
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Got her out few days ago she's going well 馃榿
Thinking of keeping her aswell myself and lift it with big muds, an off-road only build 馃槑
Got her for pretty much nothing so all good, can't have enough Patrols in my life 馃榿

Tire Sky Car Cloud Wheel
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

Reactions: Foo and Marko_SJ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
Body is rough in a few places but nothing I can't fix and straighten out... It looked a hell of a lot rougher than this, I got some of the wheel arch trims back on and front bumpers screwed back on properly as they were hanging off!! One thing I loved about the last owner is he included every possible thing even the owners handbook and spare wheel 馃憤
I like spending as little money as possible on these projects even the lamps I made up one from another broken one I had laying around. Was a bit of cutting and gluing but it worked out nice! The bottom part of the lense is all replaced 馃憤
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Reactions: Marko_SJ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
My plan is to tidy her up as good as I can and run her through the CVRT test then, unfortunately my spare radiator is a dudd too so I'll have to spend 180e on a new radiator!
Also my windscreen is cracked so that's another 180euros...these parts need to be changed for the test.
I also have to do a hubseal on passenger side and kingpins, chassis will need to be all cleaned and undersealed...I'm looking forward to scraping off the layers of cowdung!! 馃槀
The last owner was a farmer and he had his two sheep dogs always in the back...we had a lot of fun cleaning that up 馃槺馃槀
Foul smell out of it.... She's much better now though lol
Manhole cover Road surface Wood Brick Asphalt
Automotive tire Vehicle door Fender Motor vehicle Bumper

Registered
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Something about buying these old Patrols and doing them up馃榿 I think I see it as a great challenge and honestly feel I'm addicted to it 馃槀
Good ones getting super rare now though!!
This one is a good one thankfully 馃憣
I'll take any Patrol Y61 now, it dont bother me the condition, if they are very rough I'll break them for parts!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Another few shots...
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Reactions: Marko_SJ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
The Navara is a sweet little 4x4 ..must say I like them too, they are no patrol but a good machine also!
The Hyundai Tucson is belong to my missus I just serviced that recently!
Got to love the reliability of the Patrol though...I constantly abuse it and drive it very hard and it's just so dependable..I always said it, once right they just are unbreakable!!
馃憤
Plant Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Car

Registered
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
Another evening in the shed...
This evening I am working on my Black Patrol ,(Daly driver) and removing those terrible poly bush to replace with standard bush, also I have a new set of coils front and back and new shocks all-round...she should be fairly sweet once finished 馃榿馃憤
Also changing a neutral position switch on the Navara as she is loosing power in 3rd and 4th, how to test this is leave on the heat button and test each gear with clutch pressed.
The revs should drop back down once each gear is engaged with heat button on, in this case 3rd and 4th won't drop revs back down.. So I'm working down from the top at gear sticks and removing all the gearbox sound deadening to get at the sensor which is located on top of the box.
So I'm keeping very busy....but it is amazing how rough poly bush make the Patrol even the panhards!! Stock bushes only way to go.
That is my brothers amazing super rare Landrover defender in the pics too, so much time and effort gone in to that, totally one off custom work all by himself.
Am only working on these machines in the evenings as I have to manage my Daly work too.
Dan
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread
Shipping box Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Bumper Wood
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Camera lens Automotive design Camera accessory
Hand tool Tool Wood Metalworking hand tool Garden tool
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Car
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Sky Tire Cloud Wheel Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

41 - 55 of 55 Posts