Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day guys

Pricing up a few things in regards to a motor conversion on my 2006 GU patrol.

Obviously while working out prices i need to take into account what someone would buy my motor and my diffs for.

So my motor is a 3ltr TD out of a 2006 GU wagon. The car has done 150000kms.
The diffs are the standard diffs.

Its all be serviced regularly and runs and runs and starts with no problems. Ill be looking at selling all the gear while still in the car so people can see it all actually runs.

So my question in. What would my motor and diffs be worth and how hard or easy are they to sell?
Obviously I'm asking for an estimate here. I don't expect an exact figure ;-)

Cheers

Huffy

·
Registered
nissan
1,422 Posts
What are you planning to do with the rest of the wagon?

·
Registered
nissan
1,422 Posts
Sorry to be a nosy ***** but why get rid of the diffs?

·
Registered
nissan
1,354 Posts
G'day guys

Pricing up a few things in regards to a motor conversion on my 2006 GU patrol.

Obviously while working out prices i need to take into account what someone would buy my motor and my diffs for.

So my motor is a 3ltr TD out of a 2006 GU wagon. The car has done 150000kms.
The diffs are the standard diffs.

Its all be serviced regularly and runs and runs and starts with no problems. Ill be looking at selling all the gear while still in the car so people can see it all actually runs.

So my question in. What would my motor and diffs be worth and how hard or easy are they to sell?
Obviously I'm asking for an estimate here. I don't expect an exact figure ;-)

Cheers

Huffy
As a point of reference for you mine was a 05 zd30 with 100,000 k's and I gave it to a engine recycler for $2500 I rang around a sh*tload off places and could of got $4000 if I had of shown it too them running but didn't think about it before handing the vehicle over to get done, (oh well, sh*t happens).

Now I'm sure I could of got more from a private sale but needed to get rid of it before heading back home (definitely wasn't taking it with me) so didn't have time for that.

I really can't see you being able to sell it before wanting to get the conversion done, unless your really lucky, so being able to show it too someone running as a private sale might not be realistic. But showing it too an engine recycler or wreckers running before doing the conversion is a good idea, even though you will get less for it. Good luck anyway.

Are you talking about diff centres or whole diffs? Big difference in pricing between the two.

·
Registered
nissan
503 Posts
i think the going price for 4.3:1 is around $700 ish, people use them in the there 4.2s for running 35" rubber

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Find a thread with someone whose grenade has gone off and deal.

Diffs as said bout 700pr for centers.

·
Registered
nissan
517 Posts
What about Roachie's GU which is currently advertised in this forum. It sounds like the end result of what you want. $34K sounds reasonable considering the cost of starting a project like this from scratch.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
What about Roachie's GU which is currently advertised in this forum. It sounds like the end result of what you want. $34K sounds reasonable considering the cost of starting a project like this from scratch.
agree.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
If your doing the conversion with Brunswick then Greg offers between 3 and 5k for an engine depending on condition. In good nick that has be looked after and well serviced he gives the 5k and told me that he has given that on one with 150kms on the clock. So on a 32k Chevy TD V8 conversion your looking at 27k walk in walk out. On the other side of the coin, if your doing it your self and Greg offers 5k, then you know he is going to flog it for more. What his mark-up would be I have no idea, but most would plumb for 15-20% going by car yards, so you could be looking at 6k if you can get a buyer. No idea about diff centres.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts