Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just finished the install of my new fox shocks (non remote) and while the ride has improved specially the rebound dampning, I'm thinking the hhd king springs aren't doing the shocks any favours in regard to softness/comfort. What is a good comfort spring in 2 inch to suit these shocks??? Im leaning towards superior or OME atm. Maybe dobinsons.

Cheers regards Richard

·
Registered
nissan
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Whoops wrong section! Sorry admins

·
Registered
nissan
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My shocks are 2-3 inch but people are saying superiors 3inch coils are more like a 4 inch coil. Any truth to this?

·
Registered
nissan
212 Posts
Yep. They measure 4 inch. Mine have settled over 12 months of my heavy ass car and now sit at 3inch according to spec

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well I'm in a similar position to you. Have HD springs but find the spring rate a bit high. I have OME which are 320lbs/inch for a 2 inch lift. The medium OME springs have the same spring rate but are shorter.
I have looked through all the catalogues I can find and most other brands only have a similar 320 spring rate, then it drops down to springs that are softer but also too short for a td42 with winch and bar. The best option seems to be dobinson that make front 2 inch lift springs for td42 with bar and winch that is 250lbs/inch. I don't have the part number handy, but can post it tomorrow.
I think dobinson also have a 3 inch lift with 276lbs/inch which sounds good but I only want 2 inch.

·
Registered
nissan
720 Posts
King KDFR42HD-SP3 fronts are 250 lb/in and 445/460 long, with a bar/winch they sit at 2.5" on my TB45 GU. The 250 lb/in 2" springs (KDFR-42) are 390/405 so unfortunately they sit a little to low for this application, anything HD is 310 lb/in or more. OME specs are mostly the same. I need at least 420mm to keep coils captive with 8" Fox shocks. The Dobinsons spring with 250 lb/in for 2" TD42 bar and winch could be good but I'm not such a fan of Dobinsons coils, I previously had those 3" 276 lb/in fronts and they sagged at least an inch after 6 months.

I used to run Superior 3" mediums which are same specs but ~20mm longer free length on each coil, i.e. they sat at 3.5".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts