Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what Toowoomba is like. I am thinking of applying for a senior nursing role there at St. Vincents. What's the town like for entertainment? Issues in the community? 4wdriving opportunities and clubs? Housing availability, renting and average cost per week? And anything else good or bad about the place that can help in my decisiobn making.
Al

·
Registered
nissan
270 Posts
All I can say is that it is big enough to have everything, yet small enough that it should all be within a 20min drive!

·
Registered
Nissan
185 Posts
I liked it, especially out Highfields way. It's big enough for everything but small enough so you don't vanish in the crowds. It's grown a bit since I lived there though.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,227 Posts
I live in Toowoomba its pretty good for four wheel driving End of Tor St there is a good little spot challenging climbs, articulated bits, bog holes etc. 10 mins from cbd. Besides that in close range of Toowoomba there's Murphy's Creek, Gatton Forestry, Flagstone Creek heaps of 4wd tracks through these places. There are 4wd clubs, speak to Matt at Beaurepairs Herries St or Brad at OL.

Entertainment.. all the usual crap, clubs, pubs, bars, depends what you're into really.

Lots of old people, some times I think old people come to Toowoomba to die. The traffic conditions are also reflective of this, constantly stuck behind old d1kheads doing 30kph in a 60k zones, no one knows how to use roundabouts, reaction times at traffic lights is painful.

Biggest issue, its inland so no beach but you appreciate the coast a lot more when you're there. Although Toowoomba is still close to dams, so fishing, skiing etc. is still an option.

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, I like the association with lismore. I would expect less fing hippies in Toowoomba as well.

·
Resident Social Democrat
6,258 Posts
My sister moved out there to go to Uni when she was 19. She's still there and she's 42 now! My mum moved out the 6 years ago and loves it. Can be hot and can be cold (all in the one day!!), but is a very nice picturesque large town.

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can be hot and can be cold (all in the one day!!), but is a very nice picturesque large town.
Just like Christchurch NZ then, lived there for 11yrs. But then CHCH gets snow too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts