Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No Im not talking about my bowel movements but the actual weather. We have had nothing but cold northerly winds for the last month and the wind speeds have been well above average. Whats the deal with cold northerlys we used to get one or two days of them a months but its been constant for weeks now.

Can anyone give an educated reply?

Reason I ask is we just moved into a new house and the nothern and eastern sides have a lot of windows and the house is very cold.

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Don't know answer but know when it's windy I'm a grumpier plick than normal it SHIIIIITTTTTTTTSSSSSSS me.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,298 Posts
We got this at work Yesterday:

Severe Weather Warning for Destructive and Damaging Winds for Victoria

Effective Date: 30/07/14 12:58 PM
Expiry Date: 30/07/14 6:00 PM

Current Situation
A strong cold front south of the Bight will move towards southwestern Victoria tonight before crossing the State during Thursday.

Destructive winds around 80 km/h with peak gusts of 140 km/h are forecast for the Alpine areas within the North East, West and South Gippsland and East Gippsland forecast districts.

Damaging winds around 60 km/h with peak gusts of 90-100 km/h are forecast for the Mallee, Wimmera, North Central, South West and Central forecast districts and parts of the Northern Country forecast district.

Exposed elevated and coastal areas may see gusts up to 110 km/h. These areas include the Dandenong, Macedon and Alpine Ranges, Ballarat and the Grampians as well as central coastal areas such as Mornington, Bellarine, Surf and Bass Coasts.

Potential Impact In Your Area
The potential local impact of this severe weather in your area may include:
• Building damage
• Fallen power lines
• Fallen trees and branches
• Dangerous road conditions

What You Should Do
• Act quickly - conditions can change rapidly
• Check that loose items such as outdoor settings, umbrellas and trampolines are safely secured
• Stay indoors and away from windows
• Park your car undercover and away from trees
• Keep clear of fallen trees and power lines
• Be prepared for power outages
• If it is safe to do so, check that gutters, downpipes and drains are not blocked

Emergency Contacts
• For flood or storm emergency assistance from SES call 132 500
• For life threatening emergencies call Triple Zero (000)

Additional Information
Road Closures: vicroads.vic.gov.au phone 131 170
Storm Warnings and Information: bom.gov.au phone 1300 659 217
SES Information: ses.vic.gov.au

Issued By
Victoria State Emergency Service

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,298 Posts
We're only just getting a slight breeze in Shepp now. It's been pretty still for the last couple days

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,862 Posts
Don't know answer but know when it's windy I'm a grumpier plick than normal it SHIIIIITTTTTTTTSSSSSSS me.

I fkn hate it to mate, and it is blowing like a bastard here as I type my reply.:rolleyes:

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,298 Posts
x3 wind is the worst. I can hand heat and cold, rain and dry, but wind is annoying as all ****

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,168 Posts
It's all part of the roaring forties cycle, happens from time to time where their effect extends further North.

·
Registered
Nissan
138 Posts
Yeah its blowing a game in the Shoalhaven at the moment. Annoying to work on the gu to say the least. When it's raining or bloody hot ill still go outside when it's windy all I wanna do is sit inside and complain haha

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
August winds have arrived early - was talking about this with father in law just the other day.

Madk1k1, you'd be surprised how many people here identify as 'greenies', I'm one.

·
Murphys Law magnet
nissan patrol 08 model
178 Posts
Been windy in Bargo for well over a month now id say we have probably had roughly ten days without it in the last 5-6 weeks...quite depressing really cant even light the 44 out the back for a few bevvies:|

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
August winds have arrived early - was talking about this with father in law just the other day.

Madk1k1, you'd be surprised how many people here identify as 'greenies', I'm one.
You Vote green and admit it??????:rofl:
Suppose technically I have a green attitude as in I kill feral wildlife, don't destroy native areas, plant as many trees as I cut down and recycle what I can.
But I ain't no greenie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah and that's Madk1w1, I'm not a rabid pooofy dog named kiki:p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts