Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats your best second hand bargain ?

I have a few but I reckon my best two are:

Garage sale - My Waeco fridge. Ten bucks. Guy didnt have a cord so didn't know if it worked. 10 bucks. Had it 2 years and never missed a beat. traveling oz and it runs all day every day. Can freeze a drink solid in 2 hours on highest setting.

Garage sale - Book, Golden Ghosts. Limited print of an old prospectors mud maps for WA. Asked the guy in the prospectors patch for the best book, he hands me that and informs me its a thousand bucks. Three in Ebay last time I looked for between $750 and $850. Mine....50 cents!

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
i would have to say my project grubster 500 bucks

·
Registered
nissan
1,086 Posts
Mrs purplebus...:D. not saying she is 2nd hand but pretty sure i wasnt her 1st.;).

Hang on a sec..... just did some maths she does cost a bit, but shes worth it.

Bought a patrol for $100.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
My 2 owner XC Fairmont Rally pack (GS for the uneducated)
Factory Matching numbers V8
Still had month or so reg

Under 1K

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,248 Posts
Mrs purplebus...:D. not saying she is 2nd hand but pretty sure i wasnt her 1st.;).

Hang on a sec..... just did some maths she does cost a bit, but shes worth it.

Bought a patrol for $100.
Mrs purplebus had you hacked Mr purplebus' account? ;-)

I have had a few, work was getting rid of a fleet of 4.5t excavator trailers as majority of them were unroadworthy, I picked one up for $500 welded a couple cracks on the rails (not structural), have now had a few offers for it, from $6,000-$8,000 without rego or RWC. Im going to paint her up and get rego and a RWC hopefully get $10,000.

When I was a kid mum forced me to enter a comp where you write a story about why your mum is so good. I wrote a fictional story :)lol:) and won about 1,000 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trading cards, I found them a couple years ago, list them for sale on the net and got just over $1,000 from a guy in the states as it was a complete untouched collection.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
the Tenere for $500 with $2800 of new spares in bags and the bike still selling for $4k on poobay :)

·
Registered
nissan
400 Posts
An old 3 way fridge, Sadec brand. Bought about 20 years ago for $75 from a second hand shop. We were told it only worked on 12V. Plugged it in and it worked on 12v and 240V fine. No worky on gas. Pulled the back off it, disassembled the gas inlet fittings, and cleaned out the wasps nest. Put it back together, and it worked excellently on gas.

It ran constantly at home on 240V as a drinks fridge. It finally died about 2 years ago.

Or the LJ80 project car I have sitting at home. $700 complete, with a set of brand new 235.75/15 tyres on it. The tyres were worth more than what I paid for. Or the set of standard early LJ Suzuki rims and brand new bar treads I got at an auction once, for $1. The auctioneer described them as being for a Jeep, which is why no one else bid on them. I did use them on my old Sierra as play tyres.

·
Registered
nissan
11,202 Posts
Got a Long range tank for the gq yesterday for 200 bucks. Has a small hole but nothing a bit of weld can't fix.
Free turbo kit do the gq that's Probs the beat buy ever haha

·
Registered
Nissan
795 Posts
HF radio the guy at the garage sale said it was a UHF...$20 bucks...just gotta get the aerial but am working on that one..

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
51 morris minor series 1 complete down down to original certificate of sale and morris 1952 print workshop manual.

$500.

Rarer than gold plated rocking horse poo.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
69 Posts
Full length TJM roof rack to suit my GQ for $50

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
Not as good a bargain as any of the above, but harder to get, a genuine raw water pump and brackets for my 11kva Kohler gen set on the boat, was in the US on Ebay advertised as having siezed bearings & won't rotate, $35, $15 express postage, had it in a week, grabbed the pulley and gave it a turn, works perfectly, no bearing damage at all, seller obviously tried to turn it against the impellor, and couldn't. Worth about $550 odd from Kohler, happy camper.

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
an old victa toe cutter $20 sold it for $250 it didnt run and was missing parts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Mine is...

Pajero, 11months rego, new all terrain tyres, full service history, one owner from new, no rust and 165,000kms, Plus a brand new 3hp yamaha out board, plus an unused waeco fridge with freezer compartment all for $1000

Cheers Gordo'

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
51 morris minor series 1 complete down down to original certificate of sale and morris 1952 print workshop manual.

$500.

Rarer than gold plated rocking horse poo.
Where was yours built? Mine was free! But it's a series 2. Built in the uk. Last of the splitties. yours I low light model?

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
Sidchrome Torque Wrench at cash converters.

Someone didn't realise that it was a torque wrench and put "ratchet" on the tag.

Price: $25 about 12 years ago.

That and the Estwing hammer I found in the middle of the road.

Cheers

Justin

1 - 20 of 27 Posts