Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I had a wheel alignement done last friday and all seems good.

The guy at the desk said because its a (single arm adjustment) the steering wheel may be out and the only way to fix it is to reposition the steering wheel.

Any one heard of this ?

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
the best way is to get an aftermarket adjustable steering link , stronger and everything else stays as it should be

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
if it'n not lifted, it's BS. If it's lifted he's poss right.

·
Registered
nissan
114 Posts
adjusting the steering wheel wont help either as i believe it is not on a circular spin but a square one...so you wont be able to just move it a few notches back into position. Also airbag will be an issues if you have one!

·
Registered
nissan
64 Posts
the wheel aligner is correct mate if the steering wheel is out of centre after a alignment it will need to be removed and adjusted to suit its not complex but can be painful as u need to remove the airbag to take to steering wheel off correct tooling is required. but one would think he should know how to do this and would know if the steering wheel is straight after he did a final road test to check alignment

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2.8td gu st
249 Posts
Hi Guys

I had a wheel alignement done last friday and all seems good.

The guy at the desk said because its a (single arm adjustment) the steering wheel may be out and the only way to fix it is to reposition the steering wheel.

Any one heard of this ?
take your wheel alignment stat sheet to couple reputable susspension places for a cpl opionons, you might need to reshim your front bearings, do a research on this...

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your input guys,
My steering wheel is not out, its just that the guy said theres a posibility because of the single arm adj.
I was just wondering what you guys do to fix, the adjustable steering link sounds good.

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2.8td gu st
249 Posts
Mic,,,thumbs up for your reply,,, its a 10min job on a gu, 1st week apprentice could do this and it wont fix much as it is only a single arm adjustment, its the piece of paper you get at the end of wheel alignment is the money you payed for...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Have just replaced my standard drag arm with new adjustable and can now correct if the wheel shifts due to lift. my was out by about 15 deg clock ways. All spot on now.

·
Registered
Nissan
255 Posts
This is exactly what happen to me a few weeks ago, a adjustable drag link is a permanent fix

1 - 14 of 14 Posts