Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.. My car has got 285/75/16's BF AT on black steelies, its been 5,000kms since they went on so this week I thought Id get a wheel rotation, allignment and balanced.. Picked the car up and the balancing was terrible, so I took it back and they rebalanced the rims and tyres and they are not too bad now, problem I have is now the steering wheel when going straight is turned to the right, then if I keep the steering wheel to the centre Id be off the street real quick..
Tyre bloke reckons its because it has been lifted and his solution is to take the steering wheel off and put it back on a notch or two to the left so the steering wheel will then be straight and centre when the car is travelling straight.. To me this doesnt sound right, the car has been lifted since new which is 27,000kms and the problem has only occurred since they done there will allignment..
Can anyone help me with some suggestions as to what I should do, cause I cant stand driving with the steering wheel not straight..
Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
nissan
998 Posts
i had the simaler problem ive got 305/70/16 maxxis bighorns took the to get rotated 3days before i was leaving to drive to qld i picked the car up and the steering wheel would wobble. so i had a look and notced that they changed all the lead weights so i took it back to them the tried to say it wasnt there fault he told me that he didnt rebalance the tyres witch was a load of crap because i had previousley painted all my weights black and these ones were sillver. it ended up goin back 3 times at one stage he had 8 weights on one rim. so i went to a nother shop thay laughed and said they were almost betta with no weights he fixed it and never had a prob since

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.