Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I seem to keep damaging my rear mud gaurds on my Ute. Latest trip saw me pull the whole rear left side clean off luckily in on piece so a bit of welding and she'll be good to go again except the tears in underside ribs of tray which is aluminium . I'm hoping for dome advise and even a few pics of what others are doing or done to stop or at least reduce the carnage. Thanks in advance.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,555 Posts
I’ve recently done a change over from steel to alley tray and the guards aren’t in the greatest condition.

For a while I’ve been considering cutting the alley guards 100-150mm from the top and attaching a longer rubber mudguard. These will be attached in the usual fashion to the guards with 3 bolts a/the flat bar backing. I could then attach the rubber guard with chains back to the underside of the tray ribs themselves, forming a curved angle to the type prventing them from dropping straight down and fowling. Another flat bar or large washers and bolts would prevent tear through and give plenty of flexibility offroad. Just make sure the mudguards hand lower then 300mm off the ground for legalities.

I originally saw the idea on a fellow members @GUte and thought it was a great idea.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts