Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just had a good night........ some **** lossened all my wheel nuts and i almost had an accident after my wheel come flying off..... now its time to park it back in the shed

·
Registered
nissan
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
now i have some grinding and panel beating to do

·
Registered
Have owned most, MQ, MK, GQ/TB, GQ/TD, GU/ZD and now finally GU TD42Ti
3,309 Posts
why can people let other people's s#!t alone???

I've had that exact same tyre come off, not fun!! But not detrimental for the old girl either :D Good old tough cars :D

·
Registered
nissan
354 Posts
I guess you can count yourself lucky, you only sustained damage to your own vehicle.

I had some ***** do the same to my Patrol about a month ago. Difference is i was in town on a Saturday morning. Watched my front left depart, race up the road and onto the footpath. Missed some old lady waiting at the bus stop by 2 meters at best. Then turned back towards the road and hit a parked Lancer in left rear quarter, bounced over the car and landed on the bonnet. Then went to the oppositee side of the road and stopped dead when it hit a Landcruiser.

The stuffed parts on my own car i could deal with, but having to deal with that mess was a pain. Luckily the Cruiser didn't take any damage, and the guy who owned the Lancer was selling it cheap anyway, so just bought it off him and have since started fixing it up.

·
Registered
nissan
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well at least my didnt hit anyone or any cars as i s#$t my self as it was my girlfriend was chasing the tyre down the road andi was tying to get the 4x4 off the road f#$k that was hard but i wish people would grow up and leave other peoples stuff alone i never wanna go through that again........... at least you got to buy the car as well that was good............ and at least we all know Cruiser and patrols are built tolast :p

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,295 Posts
what can I say Mr spy, your very unlucky that it happened, but bloody lucky you did not hit anything.

I've been there and done it on my brothers patrol and a another mates and i have losdt my left hand wheel and axle that was not that much fun.

·
Buy the Patrol Back
nissan patrol
1,460 Posts
Had the same thing happen to my wifes Camry...(dont give me any **** about the Camry) some ****en lo low took all the nut bar the Lock nut took me an hour to work out what the noise was...

*****s

·
White & Whistlin sd33T
nissan
388 Posts
Did you find any other wheels with loose nuts?

More than likely they were trying to pinch your wheels. Any sign of bricks or blocks of wood nearby?

Has happened to me once too but not a fourbe. pr ! cks though my chromies would look better on their car I spose. :angryfir::angryfir:

Cheers Ric

·
Registered
nissan
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wheel if they where trying to nick the tyre's i think coils would hunt them down but yes all of them where loose

1 - 10 of 10 Posts