Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Sabbath Keeper
nissan patrol
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was reading on the forum a couple of days ago about the wonders of ChemTech CT18. So I cruised on down to the local Autobarn where they had 2x5L for $40! So I bought 20L :p. And let me just say, this stuff is fantastic, I just mixed it up at 20 parts per 100 in weed sprayer pressure pack and sprayed it everywhere. I just let it soak for about 20 min, and hosed off, and WOW what an amazing result! I've never used anything like it, I am truly converted.

Just a word of warning though... do not, I repeat DO NOT get the stuff in your eyes!!! I was lying down under the truck happily spraying away when a stiff breeze blew underneath, collecting a good dose of spray and landing it right in my face, and an open left eye... man, I thought I was going to go blind, it stung to no end, in fact it is still quite sore as a write. It's about 6 hours ago since the incident occured... feels like its actually burned a bit of the mucose membrane off the surface of my eye! Anyways, I can still see out of it, fortunately...

I still love the stuff though :D

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Dude, that stuff has formaldehyde in it, they use it to preserve dead people lol

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
Dude, that stuff has formaldehyde in it, they use it to preserve dead people lol
so your eye should last forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Sabbath Keeper
nissan patrol
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it? Man I guess I was fortunate not to be worse off than I am. It really burned my eye something cronic for a while there... Now it just feels as though I got sand in it or something! CR18 is good gear though hey ;-)

·
Registered
nissan
539 Posts
ok - chemical injury to the eye.

wash out with loads of water.

seek medical attention - especially if the stuff is alkali.

Sooner rather than later.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
If it has formaldehyde in it, i hope you didn't hose it down the gutter?

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Fairy muff.

Sorry, i just go into contaminated land mode whenever i service my cars... i get angry at myself whe i spill oil on the driveway! hahha.

What is chemtech anyways. Is it some super duper degreaser?

·
Registered
nissan
246 Posts
Fairy muff.

Sorry, i just go into contaminated land mode whenever i service my cars... i get angry at myself whe i spill oil on the driveway! hahha.

What is chemtech anyways. Is it some super duper degreaser?
Car/truck wash

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Aah,

Cool.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Sue them!

Their packaging says "safe on any surface" and clearly you discovered that it is not safe on the surface of your eye!

:D:D:D

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
The original CT18 you couldnt use on ya car as one bloke at the yard found out... washed his truck in the wash bay, then snuck his car in and washed it too. Next day was crying as it took all the shine/luster out of the paint LMAO!!

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,567 Posts
I have used it for years now, including washing my custom bike with it. No bad effects at all, not to plastics or paint.

It does not kill the lawn either, so no worries there.

Buying it in a 20l drum is the most economical, like most things.

·
Sabbath Keeper
nissan patrol
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have used it for years now, including washing my custom bike with it. No bad effects at all, not to plastics or paint.

It does not kill the lawn either, so no worries there.

Buying it in a 20l drum is the most economical, like most things.
Yeah man, I am totally sold on the stuff :D

·
Registered
nissan
1,961 Posts
Its all I ever used to clean underneath and paintwork on my car. Always came up a treat.
Never had a problem with paint work, though I did polish it twice a year.

Anyone thinking of using it, I recomend just the standard. Dont bother with the wash and wax (think its CT20 or something?), it doesnt get the dirt off as well as the standard one.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
on the paintwork, I find the usual carwas and wax with a pressure washer works perfectly fine. But I've never cleaned underneath (other than to flush out sand/salt after a beach trip)...

·
Registered
nissan
2,481 Posts
quote from their site.
Chemtech CT18 Superwash is biodegradable
and of low toxicity.

p.s i used it for the first time too the other day.. the cleanest its ever been.. Ray!! i will have to check out under my bonnet!lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts