Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
978 Posts
Probably never. The Australian market is too small.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Not unless the part owner of Nissan who is it again? The big Dong feng motor company or something I think it is. If they sell up and Toyota buy their share it may happen.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,050 Posts
Hahahahahahaha.

Sorry, had to laugh.

It'll never happen.
Australia will never buy as many Y62's as the Middle East and the Yanks (Sold as Infiniti over there), and no point spending unnecessary money on the GU, its too far over the hill.

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
Seriously though, if the world doesn't want a diesel in a large 4WD wagon then why does every other manufacturer offer one.
What market did Toyota develop the 200 series diesel for? Surely not exclusively for Australia?

Not to mention that Nissan need a bloody good engine to go in their work truck, the Patrol ute. Can you imagine if Toyota only offered a gutless 3 litre grenade iin the Landcruiser ute?

Nissan are useless.

·
Premium Member
Nissan GU1 4.2
422 Posts
Wgat will a diesel v8 do that the current one wont?
Keep running with the engine under water. I have seen a patrol with deisel motor stuck in a hole with water over the bonet for 20 minutes before we could pull it out and the engine never stopped. The owner drove it home shortly after he got the cabin drained. It may be possible, but I have never seen a petrol engine do that.

·
Registered
nissan/1989 gq
446 Posts
This discussion comes up on monthly basis.
Long story short, Mr Nissan doesn't care about patrol sales in Australia.

His all 4wd orientated bets are on navara and its wagon offshoot. New navara should come out with coil sprung back next year, by the way.

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
This discussion comes up on monthly basis.
Long story short, Mr Nissan doesn't care about patrol sales in Australia.

His all 4wd orientated bets are on navara and its wagon offshoot. New navara should come out with coil sprung back next year, by the way.

That's sad hey,, the end of an era,,, RIP PATROL, Nissan should hang their heads in shame.

Many other manufacturers would love to have a vehicle in their line up with the heritage and reputation of the Patrol, and Nissan just throw it all away.

Nissan are useless.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Toyota sells almost as many Landcruisers in Oz as Nissan sell of that fugly y62 bus (don't call it a Patrol) in Arabia. So the lack of demand argument is just an excuse. A distraction from the truth.

The truth is they can't afford to do the development as Nissan Aust has made too many bad product decisions over the last 10 years. Their product planning goonies are a bunch of thick framed glasses wearing inner city shirt lifters so all their cars are designed for that market too.

·
Registered
nissan
1,516 Posts
Seriously though, if the world doesn't want a diesel in a large 4WD wagon then why does every other manufacturer offer one.
What market did Toyota develop the 200 series diesel for? Surely not exclusively for Australia?

Not to mention that Nissan need a bloody good engine to go in their work truck, the Patrol ute. Can you imagine if Toyota only offered a gutless 3 litre grenade iin the Landcruiser ute?

Nissan are useless.
Nissan havent put a grenade in Patrols in about a decade, actually over a decade I think. They sell well and go well. I just spent the weekend camping with mates at a 4wd park, their were heaps of 3.0 Patrols there, more than any other make or model I saw. Even in stock form they were kickin ass. Where all the new Rangers, hiluxes etc were having trouble, the 3.0 Patrols excelled. And to top it off, every 3.0 owner I spoke to loved their car. As long as people are happy and they sell well, I really dont think Nissan care :)

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Coil springs on the rear of the new navara dual cab is somewhat a win even if it still gets the new poxy 2.3 liter Renault engine.

Or is it coils I read multi link but have a feeling its some new type of leaf spring.
Or not.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
Nissan
38 Posts
I've found nissan/ toyota never quite get their 'combinations' right (in my books at least) - this includes 4x4s and a lot of the older jdm performance/ luxury cars.

I guess what a lot of us look for doesn't suit the greater market...?

To get something modern that would tick all the boxes means the custom road... Given the choice - i'd take a factory config any day

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
Toyota sells almost as many Landcruisers in Oz as Nissan sell of that fugly y62 bus (don't call it a Patrol) in Arabia. So the lack of demand argument is just an excuse. A distraction from the truth.

The truth is they can't afford to do the development as Nissan Aust has made too many bad product decisions over the last 10 years. Their product planning goonies are a bunch of thick framed glasses wearing inner city shirt lifters so all their cars are designed for that market too.
So your telling me Toyota Australia sold in excess of 20,000 landcruisers last year in Oz alone?

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
I'd love it if Nissan made a forward control singlecab/dualcab/van based on a GU Patrol chassis with td42, diff locks, proper gearing, 35's and 2 ton capacity.

I'd have a single cab with a 4 metre long tray and make a custom camper for it.

Sorry about that, I just drifted off to fantasy land for a moment

Nissan do make a smaller version based on the Navara, but they don't sell em in Australia.

http:// [URL=http://s756.photobucket.com/user/sally2005jason/media/1303744436839_bulletin_zpsz96t3ac7.jpeg.html][/URL]

http:// [URL=http://s756.photobucket.com/user/sally2005jason/media/file_zpsa4g8aval.jpeg.html][/URL]

·
Registered
nissan
1,109 Posts
Forward control will never ever happen on a passenger vehicle because of strict safety standards.

And as good as GU chassis might be they have cracking problems with the current weight, let alone 2t capacity.

Buy an okka or a unimog lol.

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
Forward control will never ever happen on a passenger vehicle because of strict safety standards.

And as good as GU chassis might be they have cracking problems with the current weight, let alone 2t capacity.

Buy an okka or a unimog lol.
I'm not sure what you mean by that, there are forward control passenger vehicles on the road in Australia?

When I said "based on a GU chassis" it was to give an idea of size, wheelbase and spec,,, obviously it would have to be upgraded to suit a larger payload/agg weight.
An OKA or Unimog are a bit bigger than ideal for me,, I'd like something between a unimog and those Atlas' posted above.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts