Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows of any tracks in the Vic High Country that are a real test? I'm finding it increasinly hard to find tracks that are actually challenging. Don't get me wrong I enjoy driving any track but when your on a boys trip and want to test the limits its sometimes a struggle, due to bulldozers and closures. We normally venture up around jameison and woodspoint, have done Red Hill track out of Tobacco flat (now closed I think), Barkly River Jeep track which is pretty rough at moment but passable, Champion spur from bottom of Black river track towards Webber creek(not the chicken line though), a dead end track off Number 15 track(off champion spur) after getting lost in the rain which involved a couple of hours of winching to get out! Was thinking of heading over Aberfeldy way to check out Deep creek tracks? Does anyone know of any other gnarly ones around this area? Cheers

·
Hello...is there anybody in there?
nissan
304 Posts
Just wondering if anyone knows of any tracks in the Vic High Country that are a real test? I'm finding it increasinly hard to find tracks that are actually challenging. Don't get me wrong I enjoy driving any track but when your on a boys trip and want to test the limits its sometimes a struggle, due to bulldozers and closures. We normally venture up around jameison and woodspoint, have done Red Hill track out of Tobacco flat (now closed I think), Barkly River Jeep track which is pretty rough at moment but passable, Champion spur from bottom of Black river track towards Webber creek(not the chicken line though), a dead end track off Number 15 track(off champion spur) after getting lost in the rain which involved a couple of hours of winching to get out! Was thinking of heading over Aberfeldy way to check out Deep creek tracks? Does anyone know of any other gnarly ones around this area? Cheers

If you are thinking/planning heading up around Aberfeldy/Walhalla, IMHO the tracks up there like, Deep Creek 1-5, Fulton, Trig, One Specks, Army, etc. It’s not much harder or rougher than most of the tracks you’ve ventured/mentioned earlier.
There are a few play ground around Wesburn, like guitarist said , Ellis, Cemetery, Justice, etc. Also under the power line around Bunyip/Geembrok! Not sure about Toolangi, Haven’t been there for while since they build the pipe line, only went pass a few times!
Personally, I think I am done with playing rough or doing the hardcore stuff !;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts