Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,
I would like to know where to find the chip in my ZD30 GU IV. My mechanic mate reckons it's got to have one as it has so much torque at low revs. He's a 4.2 GU IV driver and reckons most ZD30s he services he wears the key out from stalling them so often.LOL.
Anyhow I've been searching the forum but can't find a description or photo of what I'm looking for or where to find it.
Any advice will be gratefully received
Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
If your mate is a mechanic and can't find a Chip in about 30 seconds... well... I won't say what I was going to as he is your mate.

Google DPchip, Steinb****, or just performance chip for any amount of pics.

Most people would just follow the aftermarket wiring till they came to the Chip. You can "hide" the Chip from a cursory glance (mine is) but the wiring is a dead giveaway everytime.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,274 Posts
Greetings all,
I would like to know where to find the chip in my ZD30 GU IV. My mechanic mate reckons it's got to have one as it has so much torque at low revs. He's a 4.2 GU IV driver and reckons most ZD30s he services he wears the key out from stalling them so often.LOL.
Anyhow I've been searching the forum but can't find a description or photo of what I'm looking for or where to find it.
Cheers
Mines piggy backed to the ECU. Wouldn't have thought the difference would be that noticeable though for just a chip.

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Greetings all,
Cheers
I think he / your mechanic, is taking the piss mate.

As per above google the suggested performance chips for their install locations. Mine being a Dtronic is piggy backed off the ECU as per GU2's

·
Registered
nissan patrol
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found it.
It's a Dtronic.
If you want to know where the ECU is in a GU IV, PM me.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
I suppose it is where every other GU ECU is,beside the drivers left leg up under the dash

Regards Don
Strewth Don, what were you thinking posting that... now everybody knows... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Bugger

I didn't know it was a secret

I was just tyring to save him having to answer all the pm's

Regards Don

1 - 9 of 9 Posts