Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im coming over from Adelaide xmas eve for 10 days and was planning on spending it up in the high country but with all this crap weather we have had im a little dubious about heading up there and getting stuck, my question is what other options are there in vic I was thinking maybe grampians ,little desert np? any other ideas?

Cheers Russ

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think the high country will be great at christmas. As its so hilly the drainage is good and most tracks dont get that bad, plus alot have a rock base. You just have to watch the river crossings id probably steer clear of the Goulburn river.

·
Registered
nissan
194 Posts
also steer clear of the wonongatta, it was impassible in most spots only a few weeks ago....

·
Banned
nissan patrol
78 Posts
I'd still head up to the high country were going to Dargo for a couple of weeks its still fairly good when its wet up there better when theirs snow though

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Grampians has no 4wding to speak of, dirt road touring type stuff only.

Heaps to do in the high country, but as siad be prepared to go around river crossings or retrace your path as required. Dont attempt if you havent seen someone do it first or you are 100% sure it is safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts