Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

3081 - 3100 of 4042 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,666 Posts
Crawl down a rabbit burrow, dragging your gear by your ankles, swim in water underground and if you disturb sediment there is zero visibility. I’d go over a waterfall on a tube before I’d even stick my head in the rabbit burrow. Not my idea of fun. It’d be safer to be a passenger in an offroad trip with @troytheboy . 🤣😉

·
Registered
nissan
6,607 Posts
This unusual garden is in the middle of a major regional town and rgren2 seems to know where it is but he never seems to be interested in putting up pics of his own so does anyone else know where it is?

Some more pics.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,666 Posts
My pictures are very limited. School holidays were for fixing and running around . Consequently, I have very little. Plus, the bride doesn’t do much photography, bit hard to photograph and drive.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,357 Posts
Crawl down a rabbit burrow, dragging your gear by your ankles, swim in water underground and if you disturb sediment there is zero visibility. I’d go over a waterfall on a tube before I’d even stick my head in the rabbit burrow. Not my idea of fun. It’d be safer to be a passenger in an offroad trip with @troytheboy . 🤣😉
Lol, Claustral has nothing to do with going over waterfalls in a tube, you follow a river underground, abseil 3 times into pitch black water filled holes Where the water temp is 5c, then swim through the final tunnell to get out :) Yes that is pussy stuff, out :).

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
8,687 Posts
Mount Gambier is where the garden is.

Reactions: Mudrat

·
Registered
nissan
6,607 Posts
Mount Gambier is where the garden is.
Correct, it's the Umpherston Cave at Mt Gambier and the motorcycle pits that Rod put up a pic of were at McNamara Park motorcycle circuit just outside Mt Gambier.

Let's see a pic of your travels GUzdute.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
8,687 Posts
Ok where is this place I have been.
broken hill.jpg

·
Registered
Nissan
740 Posts
Might be a bit tricky, but local SA fishos might recognise the location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
6,607 Posts
It's a beautiful picture. It reminds me of somewhere on the Eyre Peninsular. I'll have a look through the photo folder.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
8,687 Posts
Browns beach.

·
Registered
nissan
6,607 Posts
Pondalowie Bay?

I think it is this point and island from the direction of the camp ground instead of from the lookout mine was taken from. I don't have a pic from the camp ground but your photo is familiar and I think this is it.

·
Registered
Nissan
740 Posts
Pondalowie Bay?

I think it is this point and island from the direction of the camp ground instead of from the lookout mine was taken from. I don't have a pic from the camp ground but your photo is familiar and I think this is it.

View attachment 514094

View attachment 514095
Bingo!!!
Same spot in pic below but showing all the cray boats,didn’t post the one below because I thought the boats would give it away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,666 Posts
Dean Martin sang a song about them. 😉

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,666 Posts
Alrighty, alrighty, alrighty, I’m going to say it’s the Organ Pipes National Parks.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,666 Posts
There used to be a quarry of basalt at Tumbarumba and as a kid we used to climb all over them.
Anyway have a go at this.
A113AB39-0D3E-43AA-AA4A-9A2D5363E3C5.jpeg
B0D1673F-E5D3-4A6B-94C1-115972CDDA95.jpeg
6492A919-F21E-4735-8590-CD2BCC49109F.jpeg

3081 - 3100 of 4042 Posts