Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

3561 - 3580 of 3708 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,360 Posts
Looks familiar? did we go there or near there on one of the trips out of Duke of Orleans Bay trip?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
It looks very similar to what I remember around Albany and the sw coast, although is been so long since I’ve been there that I wouldn’t recognise specific places anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
It is somewhere between Yallingup and Albany if that helps at all.

First photo my car is parked pointing pretty much East, last photo is facing West but is a few km over the headland from the said location.

I will find a few more photos.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,360 Posts
If it is between those places, I've been there..... Hmmmmm?

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
I think it might be the rocky headland next to boat harbour, bibbulman track area. It’s not far from greens pool, which was a family favourite swimming spot.
Yes you got it.
Just known as "Boat Harbour" as it was a nice sheltered little harbour where the whaling boats came in to shelter and later years the salmon fishers would row or motor out to pull nets around the salmon school and drag them back into the beach. This photo was going to be my next hint looking back into Boat Harbour from the other side and towards where the Bibbulmun track camp is located. It is between Peaceful Bay and Denmark. There was a hermit fisherman's shack on the rocks opposite left side in this photo when I was a kid, but it seems "the Department of whatever" has removed all trace of that now.

Unashamed photo of the old Pathfinder "Flexing"

The next little beach around I have only ever known as Dead whale beach as we found a dead whale there when I was a kid. Strange thing, was twice I have been back there each time there was another dead whale there. This photo was with my son when he was about 8.

And yes William Bay, Greens Pool and Elephant Rocks are just a bit further along towards Denmark.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Really, I think the sw coast of wa has some of the most spectacular coastline in the country. I haven’t been back since I left to join the army nearly 40 years ago, something I must rectify .

I’ll look for another photo tonight.

·
Registered
nissan
6,419 Posts
It is up the cape, but further north than those two places.
Well there isn't much in the way of swimmable creeks north of Nolan's. About the only place that comes to mind is the creek you cross on the way to Muttee Head but I didn't think it was that deep. There were other places you could paddle like the spring at Sommerset and the creek just south of Pajinka but they weren't big enough to swim in.

The only place north of the Jardine that I can think of with possibly enough depth is the creek on the way to Muttee Head. All the other deep ones like Jacky Jacky are croc central.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Well there isn't much in the way of swimmable creeks north of Nolan's. About the only place that comes to mind is the creek you cross on the way to Muttee Head but I didn't think it was that deep. There were other places you could paddle like the spring at Sommerset and the creek just south of Pajinka but they weren't big enough to swim in.

The only place north of the Jardine that I can think of with possibly enough depth is the creek on the way to Muttee Head. All the other deep ones like Jacky Jacky are croc central.
Well, jacky jacky it is. Or the more official name of Cyprus creek day use area, supposedly a safe swimming hole (it was definitely safe when we were there ) but it’s marked as jacky jacky on the hema maps.

·
Registered
nissan
6,419 Posts
I'd say the place I've been to on Jacky Jacky Creek is a different spot. There is no way you'd consider swimming there. I'd say nobody guessed that one so let's see another one. :)

3561 - 3580 of 3708 Posts