Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

3601 - 3620 of 3672 Posts

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Somewhere south looking at the vegetation and mountains. The line of limestone on the beach has me intrigued. Trying to think if there is somewhere in Tass or down around Wilson's Prom with that sort of coastal features.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,238 Posts
I'm thinking it might be Wineglass Bay Tass, but I have not seen it from the water only from the beach and from the lookout at the beginning of the walk.
Yes, that was my thought as well. There are some tall hills behind that.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Yes, that was my thought as well. There are some tall hills behind that.
Yes you don't get to see the shape of the hills when you are climbing them compared to looking back at a distance. It was a beautiful place but I remember not much other than how absolutely buggered I was from 8 hours of solid walking in one day.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,601 Posts
Yes Wine Glass bay it is. I have only viewed it from the water. And as over board says the same hills as Coles Bay just viewed from the other side.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Yes Wine Glass bay it is. I have only viewed it from the water. And as over board says the same hills as Coles Bay just viewed from the other side.
Were you on the boat for fishing, diving or just cruising? I have dived a bit around King Island and at Bicheno, but haven't managed to get time or money to go much further around Tass by boat.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,238 Posts
Bit too obscure?
The tar needs a resurfacing ;), know a few places like that but not with that background, if that is pooled water behind, it can't be one place I can think of.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,238 Posts
Is that somewhere near the Pentecost River? Brings back memories of quite a few years ago.

·
Registered
nissan
6,395 Posts
I've never crossed it. Drove down for a look and then kept on going. I have a special camp site a few dozen k east of here so I've never been looking to camp here. I'll dig out another pic some time tomorrow.

3601 - 3620 of 3672 Posts