Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

3641 - 3660 of 3936 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
6,513 Posts
Nambucca, is it nice, should I go there?
It's a beautiful spot but the whole NSW north coast is full of beautiful spots, the only problem is, they are full of people, at least by the standards I am used to. Not as bad in that regard as the Gold Coast but somewhat equivalent to the Sunshine Coast. You can still find quieter out of the way spots much of the time but when the weather is good the best places will be chock full of people and you will struggle with parking. Even though deep dark North Queensland has crap beaches and dreadful summers you can usually find a great spot almost empty of people.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,366 Posts
Yeah, it gets so crowded on a good day,
20200416_144710.jpg

The bigger places like Coffs Harbour & Port Macquarie can be like that, but there's plenty of quiet spots around. You can drive on a lot of the beaches down this way, so not hard to get away by yourself.

·
Go The Knights and Blues
30,795 Posts
View attachment 519899
The bigger places like Coffs Harbour & Port Macquarie can be like that, but there's plenty of quiet spots around. You can drive on a lot of the beaches down this way, so not hard to get away by yourself.
I'll second that..
Only downside is the fish swim in sewer water up that way..

Yep lots of quiet beaches along the mid north/ northern river beaches..
Chit there's even more beautiful and quiet beaches here in the hunter Maldives to be perfectly honest with you..

·
Go The Knights and Blues
30,795 Posts
The only good beaches in Qld are Kirra, Currumbin alley and this place pictured..
And my betting is that all that sand came from NSW anyway..😉

IMG_20191002_102803520_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
nissan
6,513 Posts
It's probably 15 degrees with a matching water temperature.

The only good beaches in Qld are Kirra, Currumbin alley and this place pictured..
Whitehaven might be the only decent beach in North Queensland but once you get south of the Barrier Reef Qld is beautiful beaches all the way, you just have to get onto islands to see them at Fraser and once you go south of Caloundra.

I think it's Petersen's turn.

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
Thanks guys and sorry to get the thread off track, just sitting around in lonely WA dreaming of going places.

It's probably 15 degrees with a matching water temperature.
Ah, after our last big trips have been NZ and then Scotland, Oh man anything over 10C is a warm bath tub.

Where is that one Troy.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,944 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
786 Posts
Had two weeks there in January, plenty of fantastic beaches. Even better tow your boat and explore the archipelago. Great spot.😎

·
Registered
nissan
786 Posts
Yup, that's an easy one alright. :cool::cool: Wouldn't mind being there right now. Will have some pics this weekend to get back into this.(y)(y)

·
Registered
nissan
6,513 Posts
Wouldn't mind being there right now. Will have some pics this weekend to get back into this.
The Qld NPWS web site still won't allow you to make camp bookings even though they have advised a date when camping is OK so you still might not be using national parks for a while or though that might change suddenly. I doubt you'd be going to Fraser for the weekend anyway. ;)

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,944 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,944 Posts
One of the truck stops across the Nulabor? Called in at most of them on my last trip to WA and back.

3641 - 3660 of 3936 Posts