Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

4221 - 4240 of 4255 Posts

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,471 Posts
That makes it easy, Providence Portal. It's been years since I've been there.

·
Registered
nissan
6,727 Posts
Providence Portal.
Correct.

Providence Portal is the outlet into Lake Eucumbene for the snowy hydro tunnel from Tantangara Reservoir 17km away on the other side of the Great Dividing Range. Not only is the water channel called Providence Portal but it lends its name to the locality around it.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,471 Posts
This may be a bit hard, unless you've been there.
DSC_0801.JPG

·
Registered
nissan
6,727 Posts
I think most of the areas of extensive coastal rocky shelves I've seen were in NSW so I'll start there. Solid bushland with no development might suggest national park or nature reserve too. Something about it reminds me of Hat Head and Camden Head but I'll start with Bouddi National Park because there are lots of walks there with a high coastline dropping suddenly to the ocean with rock shelves everywhere.

Bouddi National Park?

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,471 Posts
No, it's South of Sydney.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,471 Posts
Not Royal or Ben Boyd NP. This beach & rock formation are on the other side of the headland.
DSC_0797.JPG

DSC_0798.JPG

Reactions: Overboard

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,161 Posts
That headland looks like the entrance to Sussex Inlet.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,471 Posts
OK, so how about Honeysuckle Beach in Murramarang National Park just north of Batemans Bay?

Edit: .. and the hint pics are of North Head Beach.
Yes, it's Honeysuckle beach, but the hint photo is Oaky beach, the next one North. There's a bush campground just behind oaky beach, where we stayed.

·
Registered
nissan
6,727 Posts
Yes, it's Honeysuckle beach, but the hint photo is Oaky beach, the next one North. There's a bush campground just behind oaky beach, where we stayed.
Ah, the other side of the headland behind you, I thought you meant the one in front of you.

I've never been there. The Murramang National Park was the first significant area without development south of Sydney other than the Jervis Bay headlands which I was moderately familiar with. Google maps show that Honeysuckle Beach was pretty dark in colour like the beach your pic was so it was worth a try. I might have a look around there next time I'm in Batemans Bay. I have two daughters in Canberra and Canberrans consider Batemans Bay their beach so I expect to be there in the next year or two.

I'll have a look for a pic.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,161 Posts
Looks like far north Qld.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,161 Posts
How about Cape Trib

Reactions: Yeti's Beast