Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick drive down the road the other day and a rock kicked up and smashed one of the indicators on the bulbar.

I have hit a couple of wreckers and ebay without any luck.

Can anyone suggest where to get one? I might try OL and TJM, Nissan as a last resort. Its a factory Nissan winch bar.

·
Registered
nissan
2,588 Posts
arb, i got some for a 25yr old arb bar a few months ago and they were $35 for the pair, pretty much the same as the factory bar ones

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
Do a search for LED Auto Lamps and there is another brand I can't remember at the moment that both do LED replacements to fit.

Will be cheaper than the wreckers (well at least in WA where they are ripp-offs).

Ah I see Floody beat me to it while I was posting.

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
where are you Rapson,am sure i have a set of genuine ones still in the bags

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
Thanks guys. Gasburner I'm on the Gold Coast, what do you want for them?
well i will let you pay me what you think is fair,i'm in redcliffe.they are the bulb type not led so they are not worth much,my mobile is 0421597219

·
Registered
nissan 4.5
183 Posts
No worries mate, there is a thread on here somewhere of how to install them i think

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
[

The led ones are awesome. I did a diy somewhere on them.

I've also got a set of original bullbar indicator/park lights if anyone wants them.. But further away from you!

·
Creepy Lurker
nissan
542 Posts
Mine have never been wired in. Bar wasn't on there when I bought it and thought I'd get to it down the track. It's taken me too long but what loom should I be splicing into? Or just loop in behind the headlight parker and indicator? Series 3 GU. Sorry for the Hijack but I'll be going the LED set for mine.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Mine have never been wired in. Bar wasn't on there when I bought it and thought I'd get to it down the track. It's taken me too long but what loom should I be splicing into? Or just loop in behind the headlight parker and indicator? Series 3 GU. Sorry for the Hijack but I'll be going the LED set for mine.
What I did with my lights was splice the required number of wires (earth, indicator and sidelight if needed) to the harness that goes to the original lights next to the headlight. Then I fitted one of these connectors:

KIT 2 Pins Waterproof Electrical Wire Connector Plug | eBay

in line between the light in the bull bar and the lights on the car. That way you can just unplug the wires if you have to remove the bull bar or the indicator/headlight assembly.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
That's all Nissan/arb did with my original ones but they used those dodgey crimp connectors. The wires are easy to find behind the indicators.

In my diy I get rid of them and used solder / heatshrink.

The led replacements I got were a direct fit and have the ADR stamp. There are only certain places that sell ADR approved led lights so it pays to check if you don't want to attract attention :)

Reactions: CamoSS

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
That's all Nissan/arb did with my original ones but they used those dodgey crimp connectors. The wires are easy to find behind the indicators.

In my diy I get rid of them and used solder / heatshrink.

The led replacements I got were a direct fit and have the ADR stamp. There are only certain places that sell ADR approved led lights so it pays to check if you don't want to attract attention :)
And I bet they charged the earth to do that, too. Cheeky devils...

(note electricity pun there...)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts