Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Give it some goat
nissan
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi as the title suggests i have been looking around lately for some decent tools and havent found alot. I don't just want standard 1/2 drive socket sets etc i was after those tool shops that just not only have alot of range but have useful tools leak down guage, diesel compression tester, good set of ratchet spanners, good trolley jacks. I have found a few places that have some good range but it is still abit hit and miss. Most places will order stuff in but i would prefer to see what i am getting before making a shop owner go through the stuff around of searching for specific subjects.

So brisbanites where do you get your tools from?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
I'm in adelaide so can't help with local shops, i would recommend "blue point" sockets an screw drivers from snapon tho. Brothers a mechanic and I use his sets all the time, best quality I've seen tho. And web search everything else ya after.

Rick

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
i usually buy from glenfords , have a good range , just bought sidchrome spanner and socket set , in a hardcase , brand new product from sidchrome , set me back $262 , but worth it , instead of having the the single set of spanners , then buying the socket set.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
620 Posts
US ebay.
Often find new or near new top quaity brands at a fraction of our prices.
Try snap on, proto, armstrong, mac, matco, cornwell etc.

All top quality and make all types of kit.

Won't help with the big stuff but for ratchet spanners, spanner sets, diagnostic tools etc and things like shocks and other car parts it is well worth the effort.

Helps if you learn their lingo though
eg. Spanner = wrench. Caravan = travel trailer. 4wd's, utes, traybacks etc are all
:) trucks:)

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
there used to be a little tool shop in shoebury street at rocklea near lindsay bros tpt depot they sell stahwillie koken etc some of the best brands in the game

·
Registered
nissan
796 Posts
trade tools is good, for the less common things I use the tool van the comes round to work, he can get you just about anything

·
Registered
636 Posts
Don't buy

I Bought a set of stanley as my third ( back up in garage ) set. I ended up taking it back, honestly it was like it was built by someone who had never touched a spanner in thier lives, Utter ( SH*T, Chit, Useless Cr*p, F*ckin P*o ), to the extent that it was dangerous, ratchet slipped/easily disengaged, Wrong sizes labeled Etc Etc.
Stanley is not what it used to be, I will never go there ( Stanley ) again.

Cheers Gordo'

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,674 Posts
I just buy from Bursons, they can order pretty much anything in for you. I prefer to use Kincrome, reasonably priced decent stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts