Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am after pics of where people have mounted there LPG tanks in Gq wagons..
i want to leave my std diesel tank in the rear...

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
sideways behind the rear seat. over to the drivers side as far as it will go.
it leaves enough room for a 60l waeco between the tank and the door.
if you need to lay the seats down you can still fit long items in, but only narrow ones.
you will need to mess about with the tank mounts. make the bands a single bolt not two bolt so it can go hard against the seat, and you'll need to make special mounts to bolt the tank clamps to the 2 different floor levels.

passengers side would be better for weight, but you have to open both doors to get at the fridge anyway and I have a draw for recovery gear that is deep, long and narrow on the passengers side that can be opened with the big door shut.

my storage draws are build up to the height of the top of the gas tank, leaving a large flat area in there when the fridge is out. My fridge is at floor level.

theres a few various pics in my photobucket.

·
Registered
nissan
38 Posts
There is not a lot of room underneath. I had to replace the fuel tank on mine with a 75l tank for it to fit. The tank on mine is behind the rear diff. It has a protective steel plate over it which now has a few dents in it, that could be a good reason to install the tank inside the vehicle.

Kev

·
Registered
nissan GQ
64 Posts
Have I misunderstood something here? LPG tanks installed inside? Vented to the inside? I assume this "tank" is for running LPG stoves, etc.
I have a long range diesel tank fitted + the Diesel/Gas Australia system installed in my 92 wagon. The 34L gas tank is installed underneath in front of the rear axle on the RHS & inside the chassis (opposite the muffler). It comes with a fairly substantial protective plate around it. The system gives me a range of approx 1200+Kms.

·
Registered
nissan patrol 89 tb42
86 Posts
gday mate have my lpg tank fitted also in the same spot as Mike behind the back seats 95 ltr tank being a petrol needed a bigger tank than 37 ltrs and also kept the petrol tank under the rear as its nicley tucked away and still on duel fuel good luck

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
Have I misunderstood something here? LPG tanks installed inside? Vented to the inside? I assume this "tank" is for running LPG stoves, etc.
I have a long range diesel tank fitted + the Diesel/Gas Australia system installed in my 92 wagon. The 34L gas tank is installed underneath in front of the rear axle on the RHS & inside the chassis (opposite the muffler). It comes with a fairly substantial protective plate around it. The system gives me a range of approx 1200+Kms.

The way i read it is that its a gas research tank (as in for the car to run off) its very common to have LPG tanks inside the car. as in 70 - 80%

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
It is legal, you need the right sort of tank with a sealed valve box and you run a vent pipe out through the floor. Usually about 2 inches in diameter and all of the pipes and wiring go though this pipe too.

·
Registered
846 Posts
It is legal, you need the right sort of tank with a sealed valve box and you run a vent pipe out through the floor. Usually about 2 inches in diameter and all of the pipes and wiring go though this pipe too.
Like a sedan with the tank in the boot. There is usually no air seal between the boot and the cabin, so it is almost the same situation as the tank in the back of the wagon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts