Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4x4
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of buying a winch, hoever, can anyone suggest where i could mount one should i buy.

also wondering if the bar is strong enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
99 Posts
Need a better thread title. Far out. Winches are always mounted behind the bullbar and attached to the bullbar. Unless your a capitalist and have two then you mount one to the rear as well.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
You can buy a winch cradle and cut a whole in the bar. Tigerz11 sell some cheap cradles.

I'm changing the thread title because it's a **** title that means nothing

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Also, try and use the search function. There is a heap of threads regarding this already

·
Registered
nissan
2,863 Posts

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,470 Posts
So what was the old thread title???!!!!!

Reactions: Bekah

·
Registered
4x4
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks to those who have helped.

Just a FYI, if my internet was not still in the dark ages in regards to speed, i would have searched but unfortunately they have no intention in the future to up our speed with the rest of the nation

·
Registered
nissan
1,820 Posts
Personally if it's an alloy bar I would use a proper alloy winch bar and a cradle supplied by the bar manufacturer so you don't have any problems. It's too late if you're in the bush and a standard alloy bar fails where the winch bar doesn't because it "may" have some extra reinforcing built in.

·
Registered
nissan
1,109 Posts
For the amount of messing around just get a factory steel bar. They can go pretty cheap, and if you live in Karratha the benefits of protection from an animal strikes are clear.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,576 Posts
Jff45 did a fantastic write up about it, was neat as they come! I'd post a link here but unfortunately all photos in said link have been removed. :(

Probably due to an altercation he had with a few mods a while ago. Shame really.

·
Registered
nissan
4,989 Posts
Jff45 did a fantastic write up about it, was neat as they come! I'd post a link here but unfortunately all photos in said link have been removed. :(

Probably due to an altercation he had with a few mods a while ago. Shame really.
Thanks for your positive comment on the work I did.

There was no altercation with any moderator, in fact, I received supporting private messages from mods.

My mistake was in allowing myself to be ripped off by the principal Admin's best mate.
I was unjustly banned.

I tried my best to be a productive member of this forum with different illustrated threads I did.
I removed all images from my threads when I found out from a friend that I had been publicly branded a "Twit" by the forum administration.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,576 Posts
Hi Jff45,

Don't mention it mate! It's good to hear from you again!

Yeah I did hear about it! Sorry to hear what you went through. Hopefully it's water under the bridge now and we can all move on!

Happy days 8)

·
Registered
Nissan
508 Posts
Thanks for your positive comment on the work I did.

There was no altercation with any moderator, in fact, I received supporting private messages from mods.

My mistake was in allowing myself to be ripped off by the principal Admin's best mate.
I was unjustly banned.

I tried my best to be a productive member of this forum with different illustrated threads I did.
I removed all images from my threads when I found out from a friend that I had been publicly branded a "Twit" by the forum administration.
Hope you come back mate, I know I''m not the only one that appreciated your threads.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts