Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
11,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all looking into getting a 120ah fullriver agm battery. went and seen battery world and they want an arm a leg and a left nut for one. surely they cannot be serious with a near $500 mark??? i mean you could get a yellowtop optima for that amount.
so yeah looking for someone on the gold coast or possibly south brisbane or even evilbay or website who will post reasonabily. to have a look and price on up.
also im assuming they accept charge a bit quicker than a wetcell battery. which is what im looking for.
appreciate your feedback

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Saw some 105 AH on Evil Bay for $285 a few weeks back... 120 A/H should be only a tad more

One of our clubbies managed to win "find of the month" when a mate of his had a project fall thru and had 18 of them for sale at $200 each still sealed in the Cartons. They sold faster than 1/2 price night at the local whorehouse. Couldn't get two of them into my Camper fast enough.

Yes, they charge quicker than a "normal" wet.

I am stuffed if I know how Battery World stay in business... they are easily 20% dearer than any other retailer and flat out won't negotiate prices.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Gee, they do make money on them. I got my 120AH Fullr thru a mate for 1/2 that for the camper trailer. :D

There was a bloke in the trader section that was doing them. not sure if he is still around though.

The 120ah wont fit in a normal battery tray, Looking at Vinces the other night at his joint, the 105 FullR only just fits in the GU

And agree with you on how the hell Battery World still live. They sold a mate a Yellow top as a cranking and told him it would be enough to run winch, fridge, the works - they wouldnt sell him a dual battery system!!!

·
Registered
nissan
11,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright will recheck evilbay and see what happens. and yeah id never go to battery world again. almost fell over.
and also have another look in the vendor section.
and no intentions of putting it under the bonnet truckster this one is going in the back. hence the 120ah jobbie. a 105 ah just fits in the gq as it is but to close to turbo for them to last very long.

·
Registered
nissan
11,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They ain't overly much cheaper though and fullriver seems to have a pretty good rep when used correctly.
Though il do a bit more digging tonight and see what I can find

·
Registered
nissan
26 Posts
Just saw this post, but maybe try marshall batteries? I got mine (Fullriver 105ah) from them for around $2-300 mark. Can't remember exactly as it was a little while ago, but maybe give them a try?

·
Registered
851 Posts
not sure if you can freight them, but RJ Batteries at Hallam in Vic used to be in the low $200's for the 100 AHr (same battery now rated at 105 AHr)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts