Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take my little boy camping and am looking for opinnions for in and around Brisbane.

I don't want to take him beach camping just yet, so I am looking for a bush setting with at least a waterhole for swiming and maybe a little fishing.

So if you know anywhere or can recommend anywhere, let me know.

Cheers

·
LED ZEPPELIN
12,289 Posts
Booloumba Creek, up in the Kenilworth State Forest, is where you want to go. Camping area 3 is the pick of them as it fronts the best swimming part of the creek (you will have to watch the little guy like a hawk though due to the water). I passed through two weeks ago and Camping area 3 was closed as the rain had caused severe flood damage to the camp areas, so check that out before you do any planning. Camp sites 2 to 5 are my favourites, but again just be aware that you have water very close to these sites.

The watercourses are all rocks, so you need shoes to walk there (especially when the rocks have been in the sun for a bit!). Crocs are good, or sandals that you can leave on in the water.

My three kids (3,4 and 6) love it there.

Site map: http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/conondale/pdf/conondale-booloumbacrk3.pdf

General area info: Conondale National Park - Camping information (Department of Environment and Resource Management)

Recent topic at 4WD Action:
Australian 4WD Action | Forum - View topic - Booloumba Creek, Conondale National Park, SE QLD

·
Registered
2,100 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys much appreciated, will look into these.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Try Bribie beach camping mate, grassy sites with skippies around at night , nice and protected behind the dunes, lagoons are perfect for a safe swim for the little fella.

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
i'll second Squalo on Bolouba Ck! Awesome memories of myself and mates heading up there with the dads in our early teens. There's also some nice waterfalls jus a quick drive and half hour walk up the road from the campsite. Well worth it IMO. I even went there instead of schoolies!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts