Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a 50L after market petrol tank in my 91 GQ Wagon that is all rusted out. I need a tank that will hold a lot of petrol, not spit back when refilling like my current one does (Air gushing back out the in hole), and is fairly tough.

I was thinking the Long Ranger "Nissan Patrol GQ - Long Range TR27 Replacement Fuel Tank" at 147 litres.

Has anyone used this particular tank? Any issues?

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
The Long Rangers are the pick of the bunch IMO, Brown Davis are a bit hit and miss with quality and a bloke I know that used to work for them even said go Long Ranger over Brown Davis if you can.

·
Registered
nissan
875 Posts
L.R.A. Long Range Automotive. Excellent tanks. Then Long Ranger. A distant third is Brown Davis and Outback.

·
Registered
nissan
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Long Rangers are the pick of the bunch IMO, Brown Davis are a bit hit and miss with quality and a bloke I know that used to work for them even said go Long Ranger over Brown Davis if you can.
Cheers mate.

·
Registered
nissan
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
L.R.A. Long Range Automotive. Excellent tanks. Then Long Ranger. A distant third is Brown Davis and Outback.
You got one?

any issues with filling or guage reading at all? My current tank makes the gauge go from 100% to 30% after 90klm despite having 200klm left. a nuisance.

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
I had an LRA in my GQ, can't fault them.

·
Registered
nissan
632 Posts
Road Performance Modifications. Phone (08) 8326 2299. Mobile 0413 631 034.

I had one of their long range tanks on first GQ (RB30), then swapped out for an aftermarket one from them when converted to duel fuel. Also have one of their modded tanks on current TB42.
I don't know if they still around, but you could enquire. Never had dramas with their tanks, apart from current one not calibrated with instrument cluster oh well.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
nissan
128 Posts
I have an LRA 75L belly tank. Its dated 1995 on the tank and was for an EFI model (i have TD42). I had it cleaned out and pulled the pump in place for just a sender. The tank had a bit of surface rust as you would expect but all in all i am super happy with how it's built.

As a site note, I would go a belly tank over a larger main tank as it puts the weight in a better location. There is enough clearance to fit rock sliders and still have the LRA tank, but if you are fitting a superior superflex sway bar (like i did), you will have to notch the tank to make it fit.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
83 Posts
Let me explain.
I removed the original 90L tank.
I cut off the chassis, made the tank to the maximum extent I could get in that space.
I hope to post a topic with the My modifications.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts