Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

My clutch has been slipping a fair bit lately so ive gotta bite the bullet and get a new one.

I narrowed it down to excedy but im not sure which one and what the difference is.

Clutch finder says for my td42ti gu.

Nsk-7235 Which i can get in Nsk-7235hd or nsk-7235st safari tuff.

Whats the difference between them? The other option is to go the nsk-6830sthd which alot of you guys are going.

Would the better of the two nsk-7235 be as good as the nsk-6830sthd?

Thanks guys

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Definately the STHD Safari Tuff Heavy Duty or go a UFI clutch. How much kw and torque do u have ?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
358 Posts
Check out the Viking clutch. More plate pressure with the same pedal feel. I've got one and love it, especially towing my 20ft 3ton van.

·
Registered
nissan
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At the moment in guessing its around the 140 to 150rwhp but looking at a new turbo should hopefully see me close to the 200rwhp mark on 33s

·
Registered
nissan
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sent excedy a info request thing. Npc is a waste of money in my mind when ufi clutch is cheaper. Im only gonna keep the ute for another 6 to 12 months.

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts
Why would you bother putting a new turbo on if you're only keeping her for another 6-12 months? Not to mention upgrading the clutch.:confused:

·
Registered
nissan
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Acceleration in 3rd gear it slips so would be very easy to see for potential buyer. There is a random whistle noise which i hope isnt the turbo but it could be

·
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
As it is a GQ kit the only difference is the bearing but will still fit GU. GU Bearing is self aligning if they are nice they could swap it over for you. Get a spigot as well

Exedy will tell you to buy it from one of their retailers

·
Registered
nissan
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So i have been on the phone to exedydirest.com.au and he was saying they are the biggest seller of exedy clutches. I can get a nsk-7235sthd delivered to mackay for $680

·
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
So i have been on the phone to exedydirest.com.au and he was saying they are the biggest seller of exedy clutches. I can get a nsk-7235sthd delivered to mackay for $680
I would certainly check that part number with Exedy not Exedy direct as there is no such kit. I went through the same thing. That kit is not on the Exedy clutch finder

1 - 20 of 154 Posts