Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise the best for comprehensive insurance for GU Patrol, covering offroad.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
nissan
401 Posts
Im with TCIS, Cover's me anywhere offroad.
All aftermarket accessories listed and was about $600 cheaper than mainstream insurers that dont cover off road. Tcis also gave me the highest agreed value.

Was the cheapest and best I could find, However it's been a few years since I have researched new policies.

Shop around.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Search for Insurance, you get over 100 hits.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
aami offered me full comp inc modds for 45k agreed value for $670. im rating 1 for life tho and i varied my access to $2000 and im now in the 25 and over bracket.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,260 Posts
TCIS if your concerned with cover offroad. End of story.

·
Registered
nissan patrol Gu6
1,275 Posts
Tcis

Definately TCIS. They'll use allianz and cover anywhere in oz.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old post, I recently looked around at comprehensive insurance and recieved a flyer in the mail for Coles insurance.

They quoted they will beat AAMI, NRMA OR GIO policies by $100 and throw in an extra $0.08/lt discount on top of the shopper dockets once a month for 12 months and lock in the policy price for the following 12 months. Sounded too good to be true.

Turns out my 2.8 turbo Diesel is now classified as a performance vehicle and they will not insure it. Seems a bigger exhaust and computer management chip now makes it a dangerous performance vehicle and the fact I get better economy is irrelevant.

DOHHH!!! back to one of the big 3.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
85 Posts
The cheaper insurance policies are priced that way as the are actuarially managing risk... Cheap price for good risks.

Once you detail your vehicle including mods, your risk profile will often go outside of what they'll accept! Don't include the mods (or they are illegal) and you'll run the risk of having the policy void if you claim. Morale is you get what you pay for... Just make sure you ask lots of questions, and then ask more!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Anyone tried shannons i got a few quotes for bikes off them and they were pretty good not sure about off road .
Shannons were absolute *****s when it came to making a claim. i had my turbo 2door skyline with then cause there price was good. i'm over 30, max no claim, the put me thru the grind when i clipped a guard rail and a tree, took over a month b4 they paid a cent out. never again. Since found out there aim is to get out of paying claims, they fully investigate everything. (a friend worked for them briefly). AAMI for now on, GQ was stollen, aami paid it after 14 days without any hassle. car never turned up. GU is now insured with them with all mods.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I guess they can all be like that my mate had dramas with aami his car broke down he got it towed to a mechanics.
Whilst at the mechanics someone petrol bombed it police investigated apparently they done a few cars in the area on the same night.
aami were still holding out on him and he needed a car they ended up giving him half of what it was insured for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts