Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of installing cruise control to my ZD30 manual GU. Does anybody have some thoughts on brands and prices etc. ????

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
Well Worth it.....

Works great over bumps and what not. Being an electronic unit dose not require the dodgy magnet.
Been going great so far.

·
"Remember, you're unique... just like everyone els
nissan patrol
1,593 Posts
Yeah price would be good. I'm about to move from sunny Perth to drowning Cairns. Would like to give the old foot a break on the drive over. Going via Melbourne and Sydney so will be a smart investment

·
Registered
118 Posts
where can you buy and about what dollars I take it this one will work on my 92 GQ which is cable control MOARY

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
Do what I did and talk to your nearest Nissan Dealer, they told me who fitted them for them in Canberra. Mine is fly by wire, cost me 500 about 3 years ago. It fits in the steering wheel itself, looks like factory fit and is briliant. I have a 02 ZD30 Manual Series 3. I can have a look and see if I can find a makers mark on it. As everything is packed for the removal, I wont be able to find the reciept at the moment.

Am pretty sure, this was the mob that fitted it for me.

Just Batteries
(02) 62533000

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 4x4
980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRSTGU
AP500 is no good for ZD30. You need AP900. It is the fly by wire kit.

Why? Mine has been working for 2 years.
The Zd30 injector pump has no throttle lever or cable to hook up the actuator to. You must have hooked yours to the accelerator pedal? If that works, fine. As a mechanic with 26 years experience, I would not do it that way. I would use the correct kit for the job.
But each to there own

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
great thread guys, anyone know where i can my hands on the ap900? can any old auto leco install them or does it require some expertise?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 4x4
980 Posts
I looked into it a little while back, Autobarn has them but will only sell if they fit them. some scan type tool they use to set them up. I've tried getting them from other countries but no one will sell them "unfitted"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts