Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

i have a Nissan Patrol from 2003 (First Facelift) 3.0 Diesel with a Automatic Transmission, Station Wagon. Now I want to change all Oils, including the rear diff oil. I know there are differences depending on the amount of oil in the different Diffs. So now my question is, which Diff I have? How do I recognize it?

Thanks,
Marius

·
Registered
nissan
113 Posts
Get the vehicle on a level surface and pour oil in the fill hole until it starts to come out of the said hole. Should be around 5 litres across the range.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,908 Posts
Hi,

i have a Nissan Patrol from 2003 (First Facelift) 3.0 Diesel with a Automatic Transmission, Station Wagon. Now I want to change all Oils, including the rear diff oil. I know there are differences depending on the amount of oil in the different Diffs. So now my question is, which Diff I have? How do I recognize it?

Thanks,
Marius
Go to the DI archives in the ZD30 DI section, then go to post 13 and look for GU small diff/ lsd syndrome, how to read the info on the body plate to tell what you have is in there, there is another thread on oil and coolant guide which outlines what goes into what.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

I have already seen this post. But where can I find the plate with the Axle code? I only can find a plate with my VIN.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,908 Posts
Hi,

I have already seen this post. But where can I find the plate with the Axle code? I only can find a plate with my VIN.
The plate is on the firewall near the windscreen wiper, the post I reffered you to tells you how to read it. ie mine is a HH41 meaning it is the 260mm x 4-1 ratio

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@geeyoutoo Ah okay thanks. I will have a look later. One last question. Do yout think it is a bad idea to fill front AND rear diffs (so both) with 85w-140 or is it a bad idea?

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,908 Posts
Front and rear have different oils because they are different style diffs, do a search on ZD30 oils and coolant guide, it is also in the DI archives.
Mines a 2000, so not a hell of a lot different to yours in std form.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts