·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
They are both crap colour temperatures, you want something that is maybe 4300-5000K, plus the second lot will not fit a GU, they are H1 and I believe the GU's are H4 and to add to that the second lot are not High/Low beam and are not suited to headlights.

You want a 4500K H4 35w HID Bi-Xenon, search that and see how your go or PM Jet-6 and he'll help you out.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks HEyhey thats all i was looking for. i will keep looking

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is the less the K the brighter they are right?
also what wattage is the best i have noticed there are a few watts?

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
No, the number followed by K has nothing to do with brightness, actually if anything the higher the K (ie. the more Purple) the less Lumens you get (ie. the duller the light). That number is the colour not brightness.

I have 35w in my headlights and wouldn't go any higher as you already doing something illegal and wouldn't want to bring more attention to yourself. Imagine your lights are so bright they burn the retinas out of the eyes of the copper your passing. 35w are brighter than standard halogens anyway.
If your doing your spot lights, 55w would be the max in my opinion, as any higher when you pass a sign or cats eye, the reflection blinds you.

Are you doing your headlights or spot lights?

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,025 Posts
It is the less the K the brighter they are right?
also what wattage is the best i have noticed there are a few watts?
the higher the K the less effective they'll be as spotlights,

anything beyond 6000k is a woftam. the lights will start hitting blue/purple

drivability and utility is 4300-5000k
foglights are 3000k

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
For headlights don't go lower than 4,300 or higher than 6,000. IMHO 4,300 is better but no biggee

35 Watt is OK in a GU, 55 is more common and preferable in a GQ IMHO

With HID's you tend to get what you pay for in quality of the ballasts. I actually get my stuff from a different dude I established a relationship with a few years back but have no hassle recommending JET 6 as the man to talk to on here.

·
Registered
nissan
11,162 Posts
there is a scale for the k colour of light.
0k is very extremely yellow up to about 4300 which is almost daylight or white. then as you go higher than that they get they gay blue effect and the more blue it is the less light output you will get.
as said above the best colour imo is 4300 or 5000k
and depends i have 35w hids in the head lights to try keep the other road users slightly more happy whan they could be with 55w. then i have 55w hids in my xgts and find it more than adequate. hids in the headlights arnt all that flash anyway. i mean they are better but not brilliant compared to the same kit in a driving light.
here is the thread you want may not be as cheap as the ebay gear but definate quality who will back his product and is local. very highly recommended imo and im sure many will back up
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/thumpainc-lighting-solutions-48/thumpainc-lighting-solutions-48851/

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
ive got 35w H4 6000k in my headlights, and am awaiting on 35w H1 6000k for my hella 1000's.

depends on how much you want to spend and what not...

in my suituation, owning 2 cars, bills etc, im not in a position to be buying top shelp products, i baught my 2 kits from Hong Kong, (where everything basically comes from, or china) and i got both kits dilivered to my door for less then $90.

and to tell you the truth, i couldnt be happier with the lights in the headlights.

all comes down to personal preference.

[i will add, drive train, motor and suspension i will not go cheap on]

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers Bennos i will look into it.
Heyhey i am just doing my Headlights first.

So the way i see it the higher the wattage the brighter and the lower the k the whiter it gets?

·
Registered
nissan
11,162 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
too easy thanks Benos.
always good to see people with knowledge that i need.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts