Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day fellas over a year ago my tacho stopped working along with the speedo, i replaced the speedo with one out of a tb42 and never bothered with the tacho, today doing some checks on the old girl and noticed these wires broken off the end of the connector. She is still the same no change in any way so im not too worried. I straight away thought it might have somthing to do with my tacho? Are these wires crank sensor and is this the reason my tacho isnt working? Gq td42 1992 auto.
Cheers
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior Gas
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Wood Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Fender Rim

·
Registered
1988 Maverick TD42,
216 Posts
That is for the tachometer pickup from the front of the timing cover. Looks like you are going to have to get a new one to get your RPM gauge to work again. If you do, it will be the 1 bolt style which tends to leak oil. When you put it in, run a line of RTV around the O ring of the sensor to stop the oil leaking.

Scratch that, its the loom end that has come off. Cut the plug out, wire together with some spade terminals (or a new waterproof connector if you have one) and cover with glue lined heat shrink. You're good to go!

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is for the tachometer pickup from the front of the timing cover. Looks like you are going to have to get a new one to get your RPM gauge to work again. If you do, it will be the 1 bolt style which tends to leak oil. When you put it in, run a line of RTV around the O ring of the sensor to stop the oil leaking.
Thanx for your reply seth, so what part name do i search for?

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Scratch that, its the loom end that has come off. Cut the plug out, wire together with some spade terminals (or a new waterproof connector if you have one) and cover with glue lined heat shrink. You're good to go!
Cheers for that, but those wires that have broken are really brittle i think i will need to replace them then rewire them.

·
Registered
1988 Maverick TD42,
216 Posts
This will need to be a bit of a DIY job (short of going to an auto sparky). You are going to need to just those wires 5-10 cm back where they are still good, then extend them. I think the plug is the same as the plug on the alternator, if so, you can use this:

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This will need to be a bit of a DIY job (short of going to an auto sparky). You are going to need to just those wires 5-10 cm back where they are still good, then extend them. I think the plug is the same as the plug on the alternator, if so, you can use this:
Thanx for your help mate, rewired it today and my tacho works like new now👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts