Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

'Writing on the Outside or Inside' of your new hoops?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the dawn of time, or at least until the dawn of white and black writing on 4WD tyres the question of running white writing on the outside or inside has raged on.

In a recent discussion on 'rolling with white writing on the outside or inside' with a couple of mates (READ: over a couple of beers), it seemed that opinions are divided. One mate even arching up that those that put writing on the outside are more interested in people knowing they spent big money on their tyres, as they drive around the local shopping car parks.

What do you think? Vote...

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
I prefer black as the white doesn't last long on my tyres , once they are scratched up they look crap.

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
I like the effect of motion it gives when rolling. I've got black rims so a but of white movement helps break up the big black circles.
Because race car. Nearly every track driven car almost always has the white writing on the outside (plus some tyres are not unidirectional and you have no choice).

·
Registered
Nissan
438 Posts
Outside. Not because I want to show them off or anything, I just think on my white ute with black barwork, black tray and black rims that the white just breaks it all up nicely.

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
can't believe this topic came up, white letters on a patrol is gay :badidea: :nono: :shock: :confused:

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
White looks poxy when fresh and even poxier when it's faded, curb rubbed and dirt stained.

These look pretty...um...ghay

The next step to being awesome

·
Registered
nissan
676 Posts
on my new black wheels with muddies I have the white on the inside, looks better that way with my ute with white body and white tray, my standard GU steelies with atr's have the white on the outside and that looks good to me too, so, depends on the colour scheme of the body and tray if you have a ute at least.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,006 Posts
I prefer writing on the outside, not cause k want to show off my tyres, I just prefer that look.

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
on my new black wheels with muddies I have the white on the inside, looks better that way with my ute with white body and white tray, my standard GU steelies with atr's have the white on the outside and that looks good to me too, so, depends on the colour scheme of the body and tray if you have a ute at least.
must be a pineapple farmer thing lol

·
Registered
nissan
1,093 Posts
No advertising tyre brand when it's 'Bighorns'!

Last few sets I've had the 'white' on the outside to brake up the 'black'. Don't care if the lettering gets filthy, it matches the rest of the vehicle!

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,999 Posts
I have lettering on the outside so everyone can be jealous of my fully sick super mad Nexen tyres. ;)

·
Registered
nissan
1,167 Posts
Yeah I usually think white wall out looks good, but with the new bighorns for example.. with all those bull**** numbers etc.. just looks terrible. So i guess it just depends on the tyre, vehicle etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts