Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to the forum but have been reading a lot of threads for research and what not,
Anywho I have a 2004 guiii patrol 3l, and it has been perfect, however a few weeks ago upon start up a bit of smoke started coming out - White smoke - and lasted probably 2 minutes, (very light white smoke) and the engine was nearly at running temp as I had been driving earlier. Anyways, it cleared up.
But now this after I started it up and it started fine, but little bit of
White smoke, and after about half a minute it idled roughy for about 5 seconds and cleared up, and the White smoke only on throttle, but I had no power loss, it was running normally, just that white smoke,
Which lasted for only about a minute this time.

Has me puzzled cause no one else has had this similar issue, a lot have had the White smoke,
But not quite this.

Any suggestions would be great on what it could be, I have been keeping close eye on coolant levels and oil levels, and they have been pretty good which means the coolant isn't disappearing nor is the oil? Thank you

And please no "shouldn't have bought a grenade, or "another pin pulled" ..

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Water or bacteria in the fuel system.

Reactions: Keidaed

·
Registered
nissan
978 Posts
And to help kill the bacteria, a bit of chemtech diesel power, and perhaps a fuel filter change.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y-61
940 Posts
should be considered errors
but I think it is air in the system, to blame for this adaptive filter on the fuel

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
If it was air it would then you could just bypass the filter housing by using some tube and connecting the the two hoses together. But air in general would be a constant issue and he reports only at start up?

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y-61
940 Posts
in Russia it is a constant problem and we will remove the filter from Nissan and make the change on Rakor, it works much better and there are no problems with the air

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
68 Posts
Just gonna hop in here, mine dine the exact same thing, was perfectly normal but one day the white smoke stayed around a bit longer and next thing i know im making an emergancy rurn onto the side if the road because the motor blew

·
Registered
nissan patrol
699 Posts
White smoke i unburnt diesel. Generally associated with a leaking injector, especially if it only last a short time after starting say (500m) up the road. As the motor runs in burns the excess fuel and clears.

·
Registered
nissan
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ran tests on glow plugs and number 4 was dead.. hopefully didn't do to much as it was dying, changed now with new ones, and no smoke yet

though i will remember all those suggestions if it comes back, will be doing most of them as a server over the next couple of weeks anyway, thanks

·
Registered
Nissan 2002 GU TD42 Coil Cab
255 Posts
White smoke i unburnt diesel. Generally associated with a leaking injector, especially if it only last a short time after starting say (500m) up the road. As the motor runs in burns the excess fuel and clears.
Nope, unburnt diesel is "black."

Finding the dead glow plug is probably a relief & cheaper.
Condensation overnight would account for the "white" from that cylinder.

As mentioned earlier in thread, also run a course of diesel treatment.
After problems with water in fuel from out back outlets I fitted a pre- filter and water trap.

·
Registered
nissan
571 Posts
"Nope, unburnt diesel is "black.""

I would agree with you.....but then we would both be wrong
Black smoke is from over fueling or poorly burnt fuel.
White smoke is unburnt fuel from poor injector atomisation, or low compression.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y-61
940 Posts
it is necessary to distinguish between white smoke and blue-gray smoke
if smoke is white, that the fuel and air must be 77 error

·
Registered
Nissan 2002 GU TD42 Coil Cab
255 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts