Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right well work has told me i have to go to perth and help their office get up to speed on a project and then back to brisbane after Christmas. so whats good to do in perth?

work have been nice enough to give me a car, an appartment and some spending money that i can donate to the nearest pub!

suggestions? good fishing spot? good surfing spots?

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
head down to freo for great seafood and some good little brewerys...

or head down to margaret river for wine :D

just dont ever plan on eating past 5-6pm... the whole place closes tighter than a nuns or did last time I was there 12 odd mths ago.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
head down to freo for great seafood and some good little brewerys...

or head down to margaret river for wine :D

just dont ever plan on eating past 5-6pm... the whole place closes tighter than a nuns or did last time I was there 12 odd mths ago.
And hes not lying :D

Most places close by 9pm except for northbridge but i wouldn't go there cause you'll get bashed or stabbed or shot and don't bring your grandmother cause she'll get bashed or stabbed or shot just waiting for the bus

Ahhh good old Perth :D

Freo is the best place to go. Theres a few things to do down there and they have a couple nice pubs

TRev

·
Banned
616 Posts
I have lived in every Capital except Hobart and Adelaid, both of wich I have toured many times. Just finnished a three year stint in Perth. Reckon Perth is probably Australias best cap to live in in many ways. I love it and will probably settle there before long as we are both finding we are missing it. In saying that, comparitively theres not a great deal to do after driving down to Margaret River, Esperence, flying up to Broom, perhaps a trip or two up Pains find and Meekathara. Closer to town has been covered already, Freo, Zoo, blah blah blah. Watch the soft sand on the powerlines track. Take advantage of the cheap tickets to Thailand. Nah, Perth does not have a lot to do. Whats good about Perth is the size of the city, the size and disposition of the population and that it has everything you need and nothing is to far away or hard to get to. But it is isolated and be prepaired to struggle with this for some time.

Quick edit to add this afterthought: Buy a deccent gold detector. Gives you a reason to find fun / remote locations and go there. I use Google earth to find likely remote mountains / gullies / riverbeds and try and get to them, not always possible but its fun assessing the terrain and attempting. Photography is also very good in WA. Oh and if you are to be working in the city ONLY move North east, Basandeen is perfect. I am a pool guy and know the traffic. Basandeen is pretty cheap to buy / rent and Bassandeen Road to the city is a quick uncomplicated 15 (20 max) mins to the city in peek hour. All other city arterial roads are much more chalenging.

My spell check is rooted. sorry, no time to do it manualy.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got a missus, so the first one is out she is staying in brisbane for her work...but i think i can enjoy drinking....

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
got a missus, so the first one is out she is staying in brisbane for her work...but i think i can enjoy drinking....
she is 3000klms away, #1 is not totally out of the question... its just finding a chick thats decent and sober enough

·
Registered
502 Posts
im originally from Tassie when i was ten we left and travelled around Aus. now as much as i hate built up areas and friggin traffic (east coast) it has got me stuffed with how the hell we ended up on this Giant f***ing SAND HILL dry ***** of a Boring place. Although Perth is the eastest going place i would say, but sometimes i really hate it. and i reckon weve got the best places to travel without being over crowded i mean we nearly got the whlole west coast to our selfs. thus is why i have never left the pros and cons are 50/50.
Oh and f**k northbridge unless you wanna smash on with some bruzzzy cuz's.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Charles Hotel
509 Charles Street North Perth

Great for a Friday afteroon beer From about 2pm.

*hint. Leave the misses at home.

·
The Bear
2,413 Posts
drink coffee, eat fish and chips, go to the zoo, check out the river drive ( both sides) down to freo and back see where Bondy used to live (play the kevin bloody wilson Cd out loud with the windows down when you go the the drive along Jutland Pde, have a laugh at their expense), go for a drive East on the Great Eastern highway to Bakers Hill and enjoy one of the best pies and suasage rolls in the country from the little bakery there. Go visit Toodyay go to the little collection museum there, and go visit the York motor museum, its an eye opener, great day out. Go for a drive down the freeway to Mandurah, get some fish and chips and coffee from the cafe's down by the inlet, sit in the park and feed the seagulls hot chips ( take a bottle of real hot mustard or chili with you to dip the chips before you throw them to the sky rats), another great fun day out.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Hmmm... things to do in Perth.... Uuuummmm... Watching Foxtel would be the highlight I think anything else is too bl00dy expensive.

Bring plenty of sunscreen, a lot of rope and a Pallet of Aeroguard. Perth has the most sunshine of all the Cap cities and it couples that statistic with the fact that it is Windy, day after day, week after week at times. Which is good 'cause it blows the Flies over East. When the wind stops that roaring noise is 87 milion fly's heading straight for YOU.

Seriously tho, there is some excellent 4WD touring destinations and some good surfing spots thru the South West. Like a lot of places it is what you make of it.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Where abouts are you staying, plenty of surf spots around the metro area but expect to be sharing the waves with a thousand of your mates, best bet is on the weekends to head down south, margeret river/ yallingup way, plenty of world class surfing spots and good fishing too.
Metro fishing can be a bit of a challenge but there are plenty of smaller species to be targeted arounf the reefs from the shore, bridges on the river and rock groynes around fremantle. Squid, herring and tailor would be your best bet.
Sundays head to the cottesloe hotel for a drink, plus x2 for the charles

1 - 20 of 21 Posts