Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's nothing compared to Qld and NSW but we copped a fair bit in the last few days.
We had some flash flooding on Tuesday and today here in town and surrounds, but todays was worse, and even though the rains stopped the water is still flowing to town from the Vic border. The water in the paddock next to my workshop is still rising as it's the passage to the town creek for all run off between here and the border :(. My sheds at home took in a couple of inches this arvo but all gone now.
The creek, also from the border, runs parallel with the main st 30 mts away my missus shop backs onto it and it's flowing like I've never seen it :(. About to go out and do another check before bed.

·
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The creek next to the main street has risen another foot since two hours ago and flowing faster. 2-3 more feet and the main street and shops will cop it.
The paddock next to my workshop has now overflowed into the yard and across the driveway (this flows unregulated into the creek not far from the main street). Still about 1mt below the workshop so should be safe.
The whole road from my workshop driveway to the other end of the road is now under water, about 500mt, and the house at the other end has water about 6 inches from its doorstep.
I rang the SES earlier and told them about the water rising but looks like they've done nothing, no signage out etc :confused:
Rang both houses at the end of the road too as I know them but no answer.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU
29 Posts
I am in torquay vic and we copt heaps the freeway from torquay to geelong is now pretty much shut due to water over the road, geelong to torquay side is ok only one lne closed.
lucky i had the patrol not the wifes xr6 otherwise would have been intresting.

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts
Back home on the Loddon in northern Vic is about 300mm from flooding. Been raining all day here in Melb. Not real heavy, but decent and steady. Went for a quick drive to check usual flood spots. All full but not overflowing.

·
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, cars arent being allow through Beaufort on the Western Hwy but 4bys and trucks are.
Creek here is a foot away from breaking its banks near the main street. Still plenty of run off from higher ground east of here to come.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,226 Posts
Our neighbours dam has been over flowing for two weeks and the wall finally gave way into our property. Luckily the dam is smallish and away from any houses or sheds.

·
Registered
Nissan
2,879 Posts
Neighbor two doors up must have disconnected his stormwater while he is renovating because it seems that we had a creek flowing straight throw the back yard next door under the fence and into our yard and shed from his place.
Don't really want to start a war over this but I have a lot of wet gear including a stack of plywood that will now be stuffed.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
just spend a few hrs in digging trenches to get the water out of the stable the horses didnt like standing in 200mm of water :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi guys. I'm from Warracknabeal. Havn't had any problems ourselves, but there are a few houses around town that have been sandbagged. Spent all day on Thursday filling sandbags with the CFA. Shire has put a backhoe thru a few roads to get water across them. Yarriambiack Creek has started to rise and is already higher than September levels and the inflows from the Wimmera River havn't even got here yet. Lots of roads that have water flowing across them.

·
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

For the latest flood predictions and weather warnings see www.bom.gov.au

FLOOD WARNINGS
EMERGENCY ALERT
  • Evacuation Warning for Wycheproof - 9.15pm 16 January 2011
  • Flood Advice for Kerang - issued 6.55 pm 16 January 2011
  • Evacuation Warning for Mt Emu Creek at Panmure - issued 5.01pm 16 January 2011
  • Evacuation Warning for Echuca- issued 3.00pm 16 January 2011
  • Flood Advice for Quambatook - issued at 9.40am 16 January 2011
  • Evacuation Warning for Culgoa - issued at 10am 16 January 2011
  • Evacuation Warning for Boort - issued at 10:40pm 15 January 2011
  • Evacuation Warning for Boort Lake - issued at 6.08pm 15 January 2011
  • Evacuation Warning for Donald - issued at 6pm 15 January 2011

Grampians Region (Mid West)
Loddon Mallee Region (North West)
  • MAJOR Flood Warning for the Loddon Riverdownstream of Laanecoorie Reservoir (Bridgewater, Serpentine, Durham Ox, Kerang)
  • MAJOR Flood Warning for the Campaspe River downstream of Lake Eppalock (Rochester, Echuca)
  • MAJOR Flood Warning for the Avoca River (Charlton)
  • Community Information Rochester
  • Charlton Evacution Update

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
I'm meant to be setting out the new rail crossing loop out of town Wolseley side early next week. Might have to check if the earthworks didn't get washed away.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
Hmm I was going to try and get over to Eildon for a few days.....Looks like thats been put off :(

BTW WATTO72 .....Thats was me waving at you in the main St of Robe at new years Haha

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Sorry Matt I do remember that. The main street is chockers that time of year!

·
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm meant to be setting out the new rail crossing loop out of town Wolseley side early next week. Might have to check if the earthworks didn't get washed away.
Not too much but there's water laying everywhere today still. The service road for the lines are still pretty waterlogged and boggy from what I saw today between here and Servy. Catch up for a beer when your down? Look out for the silver GQ, uhf21
The 4wding is great around here atm if you like mud. Worse than the last few winters lol.

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts
Town is closed so I can't get back to my parents to help out. Dad's stuck home on the farm out of town and can't get in. Mum's in town and can't get home. Bro has been sandbagging all day.

Town may get flooded. Apparently they have a plan b to knock out the levy bank on opposite side to let water flow away from town. But that's towards our farm. Not looking good.

·
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A member on here has farm in Kerang. Not looking good for them either.

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts
A member on here has farm in Kerang. Not looking good for them either.
You mean Dennis? If so, he's not far from my olds. I can't get a hold of the old boy to see how it is out there. Phone's are out.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts