Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I play squash, my right shoelace comes undone 2 to 4 times a night, but my left one NEVER comes undone. Wtf is with that? Same shoes, same laces, all same age.

Years ago one of the kids dropped a piece of bread on the kitchen floor, and exclaimed the age old adage about bread always landing buttered side down. I pointed out that cats allegedly always land on their feet (I reckon you're not throwing them right but I digress...), so, if you tape a piece of buttered bread to the back of a cat and chuck it off the roof which way would it land??? Both the kids were somewhat perplexed, so we agreed there was only one way to find out. We grabbed the missus' unsuspecting cat, used a loose fitting ockey strap to hold a piece of buttered bread on it's back, and I climbed on to the roof. Now the retaining wall is just below the roof at the back of the house, so we're talking a five foot drop, nothing to ring RSPCA about, and we were about to unleash the experiment on the bemused feline when lo and behold the missus returns home, comes out the back to see what's going on and there's me and the kids on the roof with her cat in outstretched arms, buttered bread ockey strapped to its back about to answer one of the all time great conundrums.

Phark me did she go off, but not at the THREE of us, just me! Wasn't my bloody idea, why shouldn't they get their arses chewed too? Very selective when it comes to chewing arses, women.

Got any other amusing conundrums??? Keep it light I'm up for a laugh today :)

·
Registered
nissan
4,454 Posts
Well on the same topic of shoes,

I bought a pair of shoes of a drug dealer once, I have no idea what he laced them with but I was tripping all day.:)

Sorry

·
Registered
nissan
2,450 Posts
Swap the laces over and see if it still does it...............................

Bloody women, they just never give a bloke some lead...............

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Stop playing squash.

Play a more manly sport. Boxing, kung fu, footy etc.

Shame about the cat/toast experiment. It had a lot of merit I thought.

·
Registered
nissan
1,834 Posts
Do your laces up the opposite way they won't come undone. Cross laces like normal form a loop then you fail by going over the loop and threw the hole try it backwards go under the loop and threw the hole it will seem a little awkward but it won't come undone it works.

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Do your laces up the opposite way they won't come undone. Cross laces like normal form a loop then you fail by going over the loop and threw the hole try it backwards go under the loop and threw the hole it will seem a little awkward but it won't come undone it works.
I think someone's missing the point:rolleyes:

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well done Duchman wait til I show that to the kids, age old conundrum answered!

Shame I haven't got a lathe, but I could attach to the generator... Notwithstanding the pole thing above...

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,230 Posts
What???

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
17,237 Posts
Velcro.:doh:

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
Just tie your right shoe lace the same way as your left, left over right and under, make the bow, right over left and under, wont come undone, if you have the laces tensioned right, the shoes just end up slip-on's. so a spot of superglue on the laces sorts them, easy to pull apart to re-adjust when your feet swell or shrinks according to the time of year, or blood pressure.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bugger me I tried that tonight and it didn't come undone for the first time in about 6 weeks!
Give it a couple more games and I'll be bloody gobsmacked :)

·
Registered
Nissan
508 Posts
Deadset, this works. The cat and bread on the other hand....

·
Registered
nissan
205 Posts
Reminds me of a similar conundrum to one that my mum's dad was telling me about when I was a little tacker and he was visiting from the good old US of A

When he was a kid they wondered about the age old conundrum about getting a corn cob that's been eaten and left on the ground in the sun and gone all dry and rough and hard, dipping it in turpentine and grabbing a stray dog and holding it by the tail and rubbing the corn cob back and forth across the dog's a**hole and seeing what happened

Wait a minute

That's not a conundrum, that's just being c*nty to a stray dog

My bad

They reckon some of those stray dogs set world speed records tho

But yes, had there been a woman present at the time there is absolutely no doubt that there would have been some arse chewing

My Grandpa and his mates that is, not the stray dogs
They were all turpentiny and a f*ck of a long way away by then!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts