Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This POS is 24 with 3 DUI's to his name. gets a massive 10mth suspension... WTF? Is it cause hes a "sports star" or a role model?

I know normal working type people on their first offence get worse than that.

Todd Carney given suspended jail sentence for drink-driving Chris Barrett
April 6, 2011 - 11:46AM
Sydney Roosters star Todd Carney has avoided going to prison after being given a six-month suspended jail term for drink-driving.

Carney recorded a blood alcohol level of .052 early in the morning of Saturday, February 26.

He pleaded guilty to a drink-driving charge on March 16.

He told Waverley Local Court today he had consumed "eight or 10 beers" the night before.

As a P-Plater, he was not allowed any alcohol in his blood.

Carney, 24, had two previous drink-driving convictions before this one. He also has a string of other driving offences against his name.

Magistrate Jacqueline Milledge said Carney had come within a hair's breadth of going to jail.

"I look at your driving record and it says to me you need to be taught a lesson. If you come back to me on any driving matter ... your feet won't hit the floor and you'll be out that door."

Ms Milledge also disqualified Carney's licence for 10 months OOoooooo THAT'LL LEARN YA

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
estcove said:
.05 Dude. Hardly a hanging matter. The Magistrate used common sense.
yea maybe for first offence yea?

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Local here got done 3 DUIs and he is on a nice holiday with his new boyfriends
(3 times over 0.015 i mite add)

Look at brenadan frevola

He didnt get an offence recorded from his last episode
Anyone else,
Public nuisance,on the spot fine in QLD (Not sure other states)
Obstructing police,oops another offence

But oh wow he goes to rehab and no offence recorded
(Good solicitors,knowing the laws ????)
IF it was you or me,or the general public
Fines,criminal record ,community service (???) or anything else

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Sporting heros are always treated differently.:confused:

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
nissan/gq patrol
589 Posts
'Cos they are all such good community minded people and earn a lot of money for big business and we luv 'em and they need to be able to drive to fubball trainin'.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Yet tomorrow night we'll be praising him for being an awesome footie player!

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MQ MAD said:
But oh wow he goes to rehab and no offence recorded
(Good solicitors,knowing the laws ????)
If it was you or me,or the general public

Fines,criminal record ,community service (???) or anything else
this is the bit that pisses me off. if it was joe average the local plumber/bricky/electrician etc he'd be shawshanked

"Boggs: Now, I'm gonna open my fly and you're gonna swallow what I give ya to swallow. And when you swallow mine you're gonna swallow Rooster's cause ya done broke his nose and I think he oughta have something to show for it."
(Shawshank Redemption.)

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
... cause it is considered inhumane to send retards to Prison ?

IMHO treating them "differently" makes things worse on many levels, lowers the respect due to the Judicial System (whats left of it), inflames public opinion, does sweet FA to "help" in the punishment and rehabilitation of the offender just to name a few.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,353 Posts
I would immediately go and do a burnout on the courts lawn. After I get me teef fixed and me mullet re-styled, there could be chix and cameras ya know!

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
this is the bit that pisses me off. if it was joe average the local plumber/bricky/electrician etc he'd be shawshanked

"Boggs: Now, I'm gonna open my fly and you're gonna swallow what I give ya to swallow. And when you swallow mine you're gonna swallow Rooster's cause ya done broke his nose and I think he oughta have something to show for it."
(Shawshank Redemption.)
Gotta love Tim Robbins response to that though... something along the lines of biting it off, and if they stabbed him in the head it'd only make him bite harder! lol

Best movie.

ever.

Still confuses me why they'd use Morgan Freeman as Red (you'd understand if you'd read the book;)).

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Still confuses me why they'd use Morgan Freeman as Red (you'd understand if you'd read the book;)).
Purely because of the huge amount of voiceover dialog in the Movie I reckon.

Morgan Freeman has one of those voices particulalry suited to that... plus he is a pretty ****hot actor in his own right.
Glory, Shawshank, Prince of Thieves,

Quite enjoy his movies even ones where he only has minor roles are pretty good EG Armistad...

...and a topical quote from one of his Minor Role movies
Judge Leonard White (The Bonfire of the Vanities):
"Let me tell you what justice is. Justice is the law. And the law is man's feeble attempt to lay down the principles of decency. "

Wonder what he'd get if he went DUI in Aus?

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
he'll probably make money out of it by having the footy show pay him 80 grand for his story like fev did...

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its ok, they changed his sentence..

He will really be ****ting his duds now

Magistrate Jacqueline Milledge has amended the sentence imposed on Todd Carney, who pleaded guilty to drink driving.

The Sydney Roosters star has received a good behaviour bond for 24 months and not a six-month suspended jail term.

Ms Milledge said there was no provision for a period of incarceration on the low range drink drive charge.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So... he doesnt even lose his license?

"HOURS after being told he was on the brink of a jail term Todd Carney last night had his driver's licence reinstated after a magistrate admitted she could not impose a custodial sentence for a low-range drink driving offence."
lets see anybody else in AU get away with DUI and get your brief back the next day :roll:

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,557 Posts
So... he doesnt even lose his license?

lets see anybody else in AU get away with DUI and get your brief back the next day :roll:
Totally agree. What a croc. I feel sorry for the guy sure, but it's his 3rd, doesn't matter if he's .0001 over, it's his damned third and he showed up an hour late that shows how much respect he and his minders have for the law.................... The DPP should appeal. I don't mean for him to go to jail but the fine and loss of license should be quite substantial.

You and I would be shelling out up to a couple of grand and going to jail with no chance of a license for years. It's BS, big time.

What a great message to our young sportsman looking for a sporting career, do what ever you like and you just might get away with it..................

The #[email protected]%&^!(*$^ moron of a Magistrate should go to jail.

·
your mother, she's a top bloke!!!!
nissan patrol
480 Posts
co ck head, he only has his p plates doesnt he? so meant to be on zero.

think all sports players are over payed and rated. if you love the sport do it for fun or an average wage. will never happen tho

·
Registered
nissan
235 Posts
Didn't John Laws or Alan Bond get away with doing ridiculous speed because their lawyers successfully argued that "their client was a good driver" and the vehicle they were driving (Ferrari or Porsche) was easily capable of these speeds?

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
Maybe they ARE better than all of us

1 - 20 of 20 Posts