Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,792 Posts
Im not supprised ive seen some shocking ones since ive been on the road!! I dunno how its aloud, ive heard cars getting a yellow for "offensive stickers" so they should to i rekon.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I must have missed all the really rude ones. The sayings I've seen have all been clever and witty. Maybe they should stick with that.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,868 Posts
Got stuck behind one of those campers last year on a section of road where I couldn't overtake (my young grandkids in the truck) and written across the back in large letters was a message about eating a S*** sandwich, for gods sake is that really necessary??????? Why do some people/groups see it as an absolute necessity to try and offend the average persons senses and set bad examples for young children.

·
Registered
nissan
1,792 Posts
The new ones are the worst! They seem to be quotes from famous people. They have alot newer small sedans now with there own brand RTTs. Looks rediculous, a 2 door corolla with a RTT ontop. I cant believe people still hire them.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,050 Posts
You can buy some of their old used campers for $3k at the moment.
Probably not the best idea though, given the amount of bodily fluids, excretions and the amount of spilled bong water every inch of those vans would have seen.

·
Registered
nissan gu
1,988 Posts
who cares...

really...

I'd bet ANYONE that if it had said "all men are pigs" this woman would not have complained

·
Registered
nissan
715 Posts
I don't see what this woman hopes to achieve. If she manages to get rid of the wicked vans with offensive slogans so what? Is she then going to campaign to stop the sale of offensive bumper stickers that people can put on their own cars? Stop the sale of spray paint or permanent markers so people can't deface public toilets and playgrounds?
She is living in some sort of fantasy world, the fact is that there are a lot of unsavoury things in the world, you cannot stop your children from seeing them. I personally think that trying to shield your children is doing them a disservice. We need to start teaching our children how to process and deal with these images / concepts.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,685 Posts
I'm 29, with no kids, and i sure as hell don't like the sayings on the newer wicked vans. I find them to be crass toilet humour and just offensive.

I don't think these vans need to be cruising the streets with these sayings printed on them. I also dislike the offensive bumper stickers people are finding "funny".

I sure as hell don't think young kids should be overly protected, but kids are easily influenced by things around them, so these sayings when one finds out what it says, are going to be "ok" to use cause the van said it.

In short, if you're happy for your 4yr old (if or when you have one) to go up to Nanna and say these things to her, then you and i are extremely different people.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,099 Posts
who cares...

really...

I'd bet ANYONE that if it had said "all men are pigs" this woman would not have complained

And "all men are pigs"

is the same as,

"In every princess, there's a little **** who wants to try it just once"

HOW???

Don't have kids do ya?

Maybe you should get one. I'll guarantee you'll change your attitude.

If you don't, the child should be taken away.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
I agree that they've taken it over the line, I also agree that there's a big difference in how this stuff is interpreted, between those who have had kids and those who haven't. With all due respect, if you haven't had kids, you are very much in the minority when it comes to deciding what is socially acceptable.

I've only had kids for ten years, and I've still got a lot to learn.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,868 Posts
I'm 29, with no kids, and i sure as hell don't like the sayings on the newer wicked vans. I find them to be crass toilet humour and just offensive.

I don't think these vans need to be cruising the streets with these sayings printed on them. I also dislike the offensive bumper stickers people are finding "funny".

I sure as hell don't think young kids should be overly protected, but kids are easily influenced by things around them, so these sayings when one finds out what it says, are going to be "ok" to use cause the van said it.

In short, if you're happy for your 4yr old (if or when you have one) to go up to Nanna and say these things to her, then you and i are extremely different people.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Well said, and what Squalo and Frosty says is true, it's not about protecting kids (I'm at the second stage where I want my grand-kids to grow up with a good sense of social values) it's about values and good taste, something that appears to be slowly disappearing sadly, but it would appear I'm not alone :).

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Oh you bunch of banny state numpties.

If you dont like them then dont hire one or get onto stalkbook and have a whinge.

Apparently two poofs in an add about condoms is ok but this isnt??? FFS they had the poofter ads on the inside of bus stops on school runs - I find that highly offensive and upsetting good societal family values.

Im sick of all the poofter advertising everywhere these days - I watched italian news on SBS as I couldnt escape that the thorpedo on every news channel this morning.

·
Registered
nissan gu
1,988 Posts
And "all men are pigs"

is the same as,

"In every princess, there's a little **** who wants to try it just once"

HOW???

Don't have kids do ya?

Maybe you should get one. I'll guarantee you'll change your attitude.

If you don't, the child should be taken away.

riiiigghhhttt... because I don't have kids is the reason my skin is apparently a bit thicker then yours.

Oh you bunch of banny state numpties.

If you dont like them then dont hire one.
THIS!

I think wickedcampers have got you all doing exactly what they intended. talking about them.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,685 Posts
Ok, for the "thick skinned" on here, what would your opinion be if someone walked up to a 7yr old girl and said that saying to her? Not necessarily your daughter, but a 7yr old girl you know.

Because at some point growing up all little girls want to be a princess's and at that age they're old enough to understand or at least question what it means.

I can assure you that you would very VERY quickly and forcefully remove said person from that child's presence, so why is it ok to be spray painted across the back of a van for them to read.

Because it's written doesn't make it any better than saying it out loud.

So does your asshole ever get jealous of the **** that comes out of your mouth?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts