Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon lads. My question is will a series 4 bar fit a series 2. I have found a 2nd hand one on eBay and want to know so I'm not wasting my time. Thanks in advance, Tim.

·
Registered
nissan
21 Posts
I believe yes. You will just have a big gap between the bottom of the grille and top plate of the bar. Doesn't look too odd and can allow you to better access the clutch on the winch depending on how it is installed. I think the hoops on series 4 are also slightly larger.

I am sure someone who has done it themselves will reply to confirm yay or nay.

Reactions: bigT1981

·
Registered
nissan
21 Posts
Thanks Jamie for clarifying. Could not quite remember!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
What about a series 3 being installed on a series 1 and vice versa? Does the airbag on the series 3 cause an issue?

Leroy

·
Registered
nissan patrol
237 Posts
Op, bar from s4 fits great, you actually gain enough room to fit a high mount winch, (tested this on ARB bars only)

Leeroy, the factory/Arb/Tjm airbag bar will fit fine on a non airbag GU just be careful if you put a series 1onto a 3 as it probably won't be airbag compatible.

·
nissan
6,273 Posts
Op, bar from s4 fits great, you actually gain enough room to fit a high mount winch, (tested this on ARB bars only)
Nah the genuine bars, 1-3 and 4+ both stick out the same amount from the chassis / rad support, just the edge of the grill sits lot further forward on the series 4+ bars. Makes them look like they have tighter approach angle, but same same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts