Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have run the truck on peterol for about 5 km till it wouldn't have it anymore and detonated itself till it stopped.
(its a 2.8efi diesel btw)
i have been told that the pump will be punished and it will shed metal filings ventually and they will enevitably end up in the injectors coping it too... $$$$ heavy
so instead of taking the professionals words for it i thought id trawl for the EXPERTS oppinions on here.... best site in the world.. come on geezas, tell me how it is!:cup:

might even chuck a bit of 2 stroke in there to lube her up when shes back.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Only way ti know for sure is flush the entire fuel system out and stick some diesel back in and try. No harm trying and replace parts as needed.
Goodluck.

·
Registered
nissan
11,174 Posts
Only way ti know for sure is flush the entire fuel system out and stick some diesel back in and try. No harm trying and replace parts as needed.
Goodluck.
thats what id do. we have seen new common rail diesels driven till they stop on petrol diesel mix and we have never touch wood had to replace any of the above mentioned parts. so thats all id try. flush it all right out add some diesel and see what happens

·
Registered
nissan patrol
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a million fellas, sometimes you already know the answer but all ya really need is some kind words of encouragement from ya mates.

I have some fairly large runs ahead of me and it will give her a good test.

the last thing you want on a mission is to be ****ting yaself the whole way, waiting for the ol girl to choke.

I might start looking for a bargain reco pump and injectors in the meantime. just in case.

thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts