Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday all,

Just a fun question, as the title says how many of you will consider your Patrol as a friend for life? As for me, definitely. It's awesome seeing how , for example, Roothy & Milo are like best mates lol

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
I love my patrol, it is my pride and joy, so I have no intentions of getting rid of it. The girly can go but not my troll.lol

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,333 Posts
My old girl owes me to much i'll just drive the wheels off her

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
The one and only , if i thought of getting another vehicle id still keep it ! Memories , thats wat they create , and youll always appreciate it for it . My dad has had his bj42 landcruiser before i was born , hes had it for over 24 years . I will follow suit .

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,099 Posts
Had mine for more than a decade. Soon to retire it to the shed for weekend getaways and the BIG trips. I might buy a Great wall ute or a Jumbuck for work stuff.

I've had it to long, it's worth bugger all, and to good to sell, and to much to replace.

And whats the point,,,, I still enjoy it??

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
I'll induce death to mine. Its good, but its not that good. I would be happy for it to be taken away tomorrow. I would get another Patrol, but I would mod the **** out of it first because the configuration is not quite what I'm after (not that anything else comes close).

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Seriously what do you replace a Patrol with, mine's staying, might even get it turned into me coffin when time comes:D beable to drive out of that hole they put me in and come back and haunt them all:naughty:

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
I'll see when the new patrol comes out. I purchased the GU as a long term thing, but if the new patrol is significantly safer and more comfortable (the seating position just isn't right for me) and can do all i need it to, the GU will go :(.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
Replacement is not an option, apart from the fact it would cost fortune to put all the goodies on another one, I love it so the old Troll is now a permanent fixture, hence she is getting a few bucks spent on her for the long haul.

I could spend 30K on her tomorrow and that is still more cost effective to me than replacement.

Ditto to what Mat says..............

·
Registered
nissan
11,121 Posts
I have absolutely no intentions if getting rid of my old shortie any time soon. Il just keel rebuilding her for life. There isn't much to go tk anyway with the reliability of it

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
I will unless I do something really stupid with it and even then i'll strip the goodies off it and put them on another GQ or GU...but probably a GQ

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
334 Posts
if mine had a six inch exhaust i would make passionate love to it for sure;)

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,286 Posts
Only time I get rid of mine, is when i buy a gu and duramax it, but untill I can afford that she's stay with me and even then I would say, she'll stay as the battle truck for work and maybe give it to my son if she survives.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts